    size?

    TIA!

    -- Dave
    Dave, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Dave

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Dave"
    >
    >I opened a 714 Kb file, added text, saved the file.
    >It grew to over 12 MB!
    >
    >All I want to do is put a caption on the photo, plus name over the three
    >people in the picture.

    >Does anybody have ideas on what I should do to keep the file to a small
    >size?

    Just a guess but you probably opened up a 714 KB jpeg file (which is a
    compressed format) and then saved it in a non-compressed format after your
    changes.

    You should be able to save it as a jpeg and get the size back down ... not a
    bad idea to save the non-compressed file too in case you want to tweak some of
    your changes too.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Sep 21, 2004

  3. Dave

    Julian Tan Guest

    Don't write in capital letters. Capital letters take up more space!!

    Actually I'm just kidding. What Bill said is probably correct - try to
    save again in the same format (JPEG). You can also change the
    compression settings under save options.

    Jules
    ------------------
    Shuttertalk Forums Member
    http://www.shuttertalk.com
    Julian Tan, Sep 21, 2004
  4. Dave

    Big Bill Guest

    On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:51:22 -0700, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >Greetings!
    >I just attempted my first editing with PSP 9.
    >I need help.
    >I opened a 714 Kb file, added text, saved the file.
    >It grew to over 12 MB!
    >
    >All I want to do is put a caption on the photo, plus name over the three
    >people in the picture.
    >
    >The onboard help file did not provide the answers to my questions.
    >
    >Does anybody have ideas on what I should do to keep the file to a small
    >size?
    >
    >TIA!
    >
    >-- Dave

    Save As a Jpeg file?
    What did you Save As?

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"
    Big Bill, Sep 21, 2004
  5. Dave

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    If PSP is like Photoshop, text goes on a separate layer. Does PSP have an
    option to flatten layers?
    Just a guess
    Rosita
    HRosita, Sep 21, 2004