    Three Steps Over the Edge
    http://home.austin.rr.com/tsote/index.html
    ********************************

    Curtis Hoffmann, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Curtis Hoffmann

    Dan Campbell Guest

    Curtis Hoffmann wrote:
    > Has anyone used Paint Shop Pro 8? I've been using PSP 7.02 for a
    > while, and it's been pretty good for me. But, I put the evaluation
    > version of 8 on my office's laptop, and it wouldn't output to my
    > printer. I then put 8 on my home PC, and it took 20 minutes to spool
    > a 560 K file, and ended up printing out absolute garbage. The same
    > graphic file on ver. 7 took 20 seconds to spool, and printed out with
    > no trouble at all.
    >
    > I'm running Win 98 SE, using an Epson Stylus Color 800 inkjet printer.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > Curtis
    >

    > ********************************
    > Curtis Hoffmann
    > Three Steps Over the Edge
    > http://home.austin.rr.com/tsote/index.html
    > ********************************

    I'm running PSP 8 on a 300Mh PII, WinXP, Epson Stylus Color 800. No
    complaints (well, of course I'd like to update my system, but I've blown
    my whole year's budget on a Canon 10D).

    Dan Campbell, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Curtis Hoffmann

    Glenn Shaw Guest

    Curtis Hoffmann wrote in rec.photo.digital:

    > Has anyone used Paint Shop Pro 8? I've been using PSP 7.02 for a
    > while, and it's been pretty good for me. But, I put the evaluation
    > version of 8 on my office's laptop, and it wouldn't output to my
    > printer. I then put 8 on my home PC, and it took 20 minutes to spool
    > a 560 K file, and ended up printing out absolute garbage. The same
    > graphic file on ver. 7 took 20 seconds to spool, and printed out with
    > no trouble at all.
    >
    > I'm running Win 98 SE, using an Epson Stylus Color 800 inkjet printer.

    I'm running PSP8 on a 1.6GHz Athlon XP under WinXP Pro. No problems here,
    but photos take some time to print (especially large high-res pics) since
    I've disabled print spooling. I recently printed a couple photos I took
    with my FinePix 3800 -- they came out a little dark, but otherwise looked
    great.

    --
    Glenn Shaw
    Indianapolis, IN