    my D: Drive.

    Is there a way of doing this either thru XP or thru PSE?

    Thanks!
    BRH, Nov 4, 2006

  2. BRH

    just bob Guest

    <BRH> wrote in message news:...
    > PS Elements 5 automatically places photos downloaded off of my memory card
    > into Windows XP's "My Pictures" location, which is, by default, located on
    > my C: drive.
    >
    > I like to keep my C: drive limited to only the OS and a limited number of
    > other files, so would like to place the "My Pictures" location onto my D:
    > Drive.
    >
    > Is there a way of doing this either thru XP or thru PSE?

    How about changing the target location of the My Documents folder?

    Right-click on My Documents and type in D:\ for target
    just bob, Nov 4, 2006

  3. BRH

    Jack Mac Guest

    On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 15:15:29 -0800, "just bob" <kilbyfan@aoldotcom> wrote:

    ><BRH> wrote in message news:...
    >> PS Elements 5 automatically places photos downloaded off of my memory card
    >> into Windows XP's "My Pictures" location, which is, by default, located on
    >> my C: drive.
    >>
    >> I like to keep my C: drive limited to only the OS and a limited number of
    >> other files, so would like to place the "My Pictures" location onto my D:
    >> Drive.
    >>
    >> Is there a way of doing this either thru XP or thru PSE?

    >How about changing the target location of the My Documents folder?
    >
    >Right-click on My Documents and type in D:\ for target

    I have another internal hard drive that I have nothing on it but Photos.
    Before I insert my card reader into a USB port I open the Hard Drive
    (G: in this case). I have my photos separated first by the camera
    that took the photos....I have 3. I create a new Folder by the
    subject or occasion of the photos. Then I plug in the card reader
    and direct PSE to download the photos to that new Folder.
    Then I direct PSE to remove the photos from Card.
    (I'm using PSE 4 but your PSE 5 should have at least the same
    capabilities.)
    There are many ways to organize photos, this happens to be
    the way I do it. I'm not even sure it's the *best* way to do it.
    Jack Mac
    Jack Mac, Nov 5, 2006
  4. BRH

    DubDriver Guest

    <BRH> wrote in message news:...
    > PS Elements 5 automatically places photos downloaded off of my memory card
    > into Windows XP's "My Pictures" location, which is, by default, located on
    > my C: drive.
    >
    > I like to keep my C: drive limited to only the OS and a limited number of
    > other files, so would like to place the "My Pictures" location onto my D:
    > Drive.
    >
    > Is there a way of doing this either thru XP or thru PSE?

    A programme I know that can set that up for you is TweakXP
    Trial available...
    http://www.totalidea.com/content/tweakxp/tweakxp-index.html
    DubDriver, Nov 5, 2006
  5. BRH

    Cgiorgio Guest

    "DubDriver" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > <BRH> wrote in message
    >> PS Elements 5 automatically places photos downloaded off of my memory
    >> card into Windows XP's "My Pictures" location, which is, by default,
    >> located on my C: drive.
    >>
    >> I like to keep my C: drive limited to only the OS and a limited number of
    >> other files, so would like to place the "My Pictures" location onto my D:
    >> Drive.
    >>
    >> Is there a way of doing this either thru XP or thru PSE?

    Get Microsoft Powertoys from

    install tweakui
    start it

    go to My Computer / Special Folders
    select Folder My Pictures
    hit "change location"
    select your desired location

    Done
    Cgiorgio, Nov 5, 2006
  6. BRH

    John Bean Guest

    On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:36:50 +0100, "Cgiorgio"
    <> wrote:

    >"DubDriver" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> <BRH> wrote in message
    >>> PS Elements 5 automatically places photos downloaded off of my memory
    >>> card into Windows XP's "My Pictures" location, which is, by default,
    >>> located on my C: drive.
    >>>
    >>> I like to keep my C: drive limited to only the OS and a limited number of
    >>> other files, so would like to place the "My Pictures" location onto my D:
    >>> Drive.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way of doing this either thru XP or thru PSE?

    >Get Microsoft Powertoys from
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    >
    >install tweakui
    >start it
    >
    >go to My Computer / Special Folders
    >select Folder My Pictures
    >hit "change location"
    >select your desired location
    >
    >Done

    Or just edit the location in the registry with regedit. All
    the locations (including "My Pictures") are listed under:

    "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current
    Version\Explorer\User Shell Folders"

    --
    John Bean
    John Bean, Nov 5, 2006
  7. BRH

    Dave Guest

    On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 12:02:03 +0000, John Bean <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:36:50 +0100, "Cgiorgio"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"DubDriver" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>> <BRH> wrote in message

    >>Get Microsoft Powertoys from
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    >>
    >>install tweakui
    >>start it
    >>
    >>go to My Computer / Special Folders
    >>select Folder My Pictures
    >>hit "change location"
    >>select your desired location
    >>
    >>Done
    >>

    >Or just edit the location in the registry with regedit. All
    >the locations (including "My Pictures") are listed under:
    >
    >"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current
    >Version\Explorer\User Shell Folders"

    Why not just tell Elements where you want to save the files? Start
    Organizer, Edit Preferences, chose Camera and tell it where to save
    the imported images.

    Simple enough?

    Dave
    Dave, Nov 5, 2006
  8. BRH

    THO Guest

    In article <>,
    Dave <> wrote:

    > >Or just edit the location in the registry with regedit. All
    > >the locations (including "My Pictures") are listed under:
    > >
    > >"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current
    > >Version\Explorer\User Shell Folders"

    > Why not just tell Elements where you want to save the files? Start
    > Organizer, Edit Preferences, chose Camera and tell it where to save
    > the imported images.
    >
    > Simple enough?

    What kind of a computer nerd are you? You'd choose changing an
    application preference over mucking with the registry?? ;)
    THO, Nov 5, 2006
  9. BRH

    Ron Hunter Guest

    DubDriver wrote:
    > <BRH> wrote in message news:...
    >> PS Elements 5 automatically places photos downloaded off of my memory card
    >> into Windows XP's "My Pictures" location, which is, by default, located on
    >> my C: drive.
    >>
    >> I like to keep my C: drive limited to only the OS and a limited number of
    >> other files, so would like to place the "My Pictures" location onto my D:
    >> Drive.
    >>
    >> Is there a way of doing this either thru XP or thru PSE?

    > A programme I know that can set that up for you is TweakXP
    > Trial available...
    > http://www.totalidea.com/content/tweakxp/tweakxp-index.html

    You can designate where the My Pictures folder is put by Windows, and
    PSE5 will track it down. TweakUI is an easy way of doing this, but
    there are other methods for the Windows XP expert.

    A word to the wise.
    Let windows put things where IT wants them, you life will be a LOT easier.
    Ron Hunter, Nov 6, 2006