    does it ask for the serial number off the PS 7 package? Thanks
    Also, can you purchase the $169 version in a store or do you have to get it
    from Adobe?
    Steven Wandy, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Steven Wandy

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Steven Wandy"

    >I currently have PS 7 installed on a Windows XP system. To upgrade to CS do
    >I first have to install CS so that it can see that PS7.0 is on the system or
    >does it ask for the serial number off the PS 7 package?

    I installed over 7 and it accepted the 7 serial # without a prompt. If you
    don't have an earlier version on you'll no doubt have to give it the serial #
    info.

    >Also, can you purchase the $169 version in a store or do you have to get it
    >from Adobe?

    You can buy it pretty much anywhere. Look around using one of the price bots
    .... my local Fry's and CompUSA didn't have it in stock so I checked the web and
    got it at Dell with 10% off and free shipping, so $152.10 instead of $169.
    Look around ...

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Dec 4, 2003