PS3, Old vs. New

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Silverstrand, May 15, 2006.

  1. Silverstrand

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Using mostly SCEA's official PS3 photos, from both 2005 and now 2006, I have compiled a decent collection of images that compare the models side by side.

    Click the thumbnail for a much larger view! (Not all of them link to a super high res image)

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]
    Silverstrand, May 15, 2006

  2. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    For the most part, I prefer the 2005 version, I liked the silver, it was, different. Everyone does black these days.
    The Modfather, May 16, 2006

  3. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    They fixed there cooling problems :p

    I like 2005, but 2006 looks pretty good, its got the blackness :) and silver trim
    unholy, May 17, 2006
  4. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I like blackness too but, it's being overdone, black is becoming the new beige. :)
    The Modfather, May 18, 2006
  5. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol and whats white becoming? the new black?

    Man they need to find some new colours :p, they might run out! :|
    unholy, May 19, 2006
  6. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Actually that's exactly what white is becoming. Look at it like this, as a perspective.

    Being - All computers and peripherals were once beige. People got tired of that, it was true of home electronics and the color silver too, people got tired of that too but it wasn't as obvious a switch over as it was with PC's

    Enter Black, the new Beige. Now everyone makes a black PC and most consumer electronics are black now too. People are getting tired of black now as it's becoming the new beige so we see PC's of all sorts of colors now but black is still the new beige.

    Meanwile, enter White, a la the iPod and the Creature speakers from JBL and the XBox360 among other things. White is becoming the new black, PC and consumer electronics are now showing up in white a lot. It'll soon be the new beige that black became but for now white is the new black and black is the new beige while silver, which used to be the consumer electronics beige is becoming the new white.

    Do we understand each other now?
    The Modfather, May 19, 2006
  7. Silverstrand

    Gez

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2005
    Messages:
    218
    Is it just me or do the new '06 PS3's look thicker? as in... bigger... fater... um... wider... look at the side profile pics.
    Gez, Aug 30, 2006
  8. Silverstrand

    CRAZIE_GUY

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2006
    Messages:
    6
    wow. those changes are like, so lifechanging. moved the ridge up a centimeter and added some vents. my outlook on life is so totally revolutionized. no, really!
    CRAZIE_GUY, Sep 17, 2006
  9. Silverstrand

    alphah

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    Messages:
    37
    i like the first version b/c it can play ps2 games as well.
    alphah, Jun 18, 2010