PS3 drive speed holding up Oblivion

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jonah Falcon, Jan 17, 2007.

  1. Jonah Falcon

    Jonah Falcon Guest

    Jonah Falcon, Jan 17, 2007

  2. Jonah Falcon

    spaceman Guest

    http://plazma.freespaces.com -personal website
    "Jonah Falcon" <> wrote in message
    news:Qqyrh.12370$...
    > There's a reason the 360 drive is loud and the PS3 drive is quiet - the
    > 360 drive runs very fast.
    >
    > Meanwhile...
    >
    > http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/17/ps3s-blu-ray-drive-speed-could-be-reason-for-oblivion-delay/

    LOL, now we know why sony went with 50 gig discs! it's the only way they can
    compete on an equal level with hd-dvd, by duplicating data to make up for
    slow access times, therefore defeating the purpose completely of having a 50
    gig capacity!
    spaceman, Jan 18, 2007

  3. Jonah Falcon

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    In alt.games.video.sony-playstation3 spaceman <> wrote:

    > LOL, now we know why sony went with 50 gig discs! it's the only way they can
    > compete on an equal level with hd-dvd, by duplicating data to make up for
    > slow access times, therefore defeating the purpose completely of having a 50
    > gig capacity!

    Not quite... Microsoft used a faster drive than Sony. Nothing to do with
    HD-DVD/Blu-Ray, just another bad decision by Sony. Remember, the 360
    still uses DVDs for games - not HD-DVDs. Also, when playing movies, both
    HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are spinning/reading at about the same speed.

    --
    Win cash and giftcards just for clicking your mouse!
    http://www.netwinner.com/?signupCode=amuro98
    Doug Jacobs, Jan 18, 2007