    Games look a lot like the xbox 360 to me .

    Anyway,until they start churning out some original games with decent
    gameplay whats the point?

    Sir to you, Mar 8, 2007

  2. Sir to you

    Richard Guest

    Sir to you wrote:
    > Games look a lot like the xbox 360 to me .
    >
    > Anyway,until they start churning out some original games with decent
    > gameplay whats the point?

    The person I know with one just uses it to show off to people, watching
    that crap car movie they gave away with it in the states and whatver the
    game is they have.

    They play on their wii a hell of a lot.

    Richard, Mar 8, 2007

  3. Richard wrote:

    > They play on their wii a hell of a lot.

    After seeing the automated Wii demo console running the other day I
    couldn't believe how poor the display was. I don't think the quality
    was up to PS2 level.

    Jason Fanning, Mar 8, 2007
  4. Sir to you

    Crains Guest

    Jason Fanning wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >
    >> They play on their wii a hell of a lot.

    > After seeing the automated Wii demo console running the other day I
    > couldn't believe how poor the display was. I don't think the quality
    > was up to PS2 level.

    Nobody would by a WII for the display. Nintendo realizes that good game play
    will keep people hooked for far long than some flashy graphics would, and I
    agree.

    Crains, Mar 9, 2007
  5. Crains wrote:

    > Nobody would by a WII for the display. Nintendo realizes that good game play
    > will keep people hooked for far long than some flashy graphics would, and I
    > agree.

    So what is the point of buying one, the demo units they have in the
    shops are LCD based, and you can barely make anything out on the screen
    when there is a lot of movement.

    Jason Fanning, Mar 9, 2007
  6. Sir to you

    Chris Lim Guest

    On Mar 9, 9:05 pm, Jason Fanning <> wrote:
    > So what is the point of buying one, the demo units they have in the
    > shops are LCD based, and you can barely make anything out on the screen
    > when there is a lot of movement.

    I have a Nintendo Wii and an LCD TV and have no problems making things
    out on the screen. The graphics aren't spectacular, about the same as
    a PS2, but the controller adds something new. There aren't any games
    out for it yet that make really good use of it though, but I guess
    that's to be expected with any new technology.

    The PS3 sounds disappointing. In fact nothing since the original
    Playstation has really made a huge leap from the previous generation -
    they're all just minor graphical and CPU improvements. I remember when
    I got my PS One (imported from Japan), the graphics where jaw
    dropping. The leap from 2D to 3D was huge. I wonder if/when we will
    see another huge leap like that?

    Chris Lim, Mar 9, 2007
  7. Sir to you

    Colin B Guest

    "Chris Lim" <> wrote in message
    > On Mar 9, 9:05 pm, Jason Fanning <> wrote:
    >> So what is the point of buying one, the demo units they have in the
    >> shops are LCD based, and you can barely make anything out on the screen
    >> when there is a lot of movement.

    > I have a Nintendo Wii and an LCD TV and have no problems making things
    > out on the screen. The graphics aren't spectacular, about the same as
    > a PS2, but the controller adds something new. There aren't any games
    > out for it yet that make really good use of it though, but I guess
    > that's to be expected with any new technology.
    >
    > The PS3 sounds disappointing. In fact nothing since the original
    > Playstation has really made a huge leap from the previous generation -
    > they're all just minor graphical and CPU improvements. I remember when
    > I got my PS One (imported from Japan), the graphics where jaw
    > dropping. The leap from 2D to 3D was huge. I wonder if/when we will
    > see another huge leap like that?

    However, buying a PS3 is an economical way of getting a blu-ray hard drive
    player don't you think?

    Colin B, Mar 10, 2007
  8. Sir to you

    Chris Lim Guest

    On Mar 10, 7:29 pm, "Colin B" <Colin > wrote:
    > However, buying a PS3 is an economical way of getting a blu-ray hard drive
    > player don't you think?

    Dunno, probably too early to say - are there any stand-alone Blu-ray
    players out here yet? And more importantly, many Blu-ray discs?

    Chris Lim, Mar 10, 2007
  9. Sir to you

    Mutley Guest

    "Colin B" <Colin > wrote:

    >"Chris Lim" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mar 9, 9:05 pm, Jason Fanning <> wrote:
    >>> So what is the point of buying one, the demo units they have in the
    >>> shops are LCD based, and you can barely make anything out on the screen
    >>> when there is a lot of movement.

    >> I have a Nintendo Wii and an LCD TV and have no problems making things
    >> out on the screen. The graphics aren't spectacular, about the same as
    >> a PS2, but the controller adds something new. There aren't any games
    >> out for it yet that make really good use of it though, but I guess
    >> that's to be expected with any new technology.
    >>
    >> The PS3 sounds disappointing. In fact nothing since the original
    >> Playstation has really made a huge leap from the previous generation -
    >> they're all just minor graphical and CPU improvements. I remember when
    >> I got my PS One (imported from Japan), the graphics where jaw
    >> dropping. The leap from 2D to 3D was huge. I wonder if/when we will
    >> see another huge leap like that?

    >However, buying a PS3 is an economical way of getting a blu-ray hard drive
    >player don't you think?

    Isn't the PS3 to be released here in NZ the cut down European model
    that lack some backward compatibility with PS2 games??

    Mutley, Mar 10, 2007
  10. Sir to you

    Sir to you Guest

    On Mar 10, 7:29 pm, "Colin B" <Colin > wrote:
    > "Chris Lim" <> wrote in message

    > > On Mar 9, 9:05 pm, Jason Fanning <> wrote:
    > >> So what is the point of buying one, the demo units they have in the
    > >> shops are LCD based, and you can barely make anything out on the screen
    > >> when there is a lot of movement.

    > > I have a Nintendo Wii and an LCD TV and have no problems making things
    > > out on the screen. The graphics aren't spectacular, about the same as
    > > a PS2, but the controller adds something new. There aren't any games
    > > out for it yet that make really good use of it though, but I guess
    > > that's to be expected with any new technology.

    > > The PS3 sounds disappointing. In fact nothing since the original
    > > Playstation has really made a huge leap from the previous generation -
    > > they're all just minor graphical and CPU improvements. I remember when
    > > I got my PS One (imported from Japan), the graphics where jaw
    > > dropping. The leap from 2D to 3D was huge. I wonder if/when we will
    > > see another huge leap like that?

    > However, buying a PS3 is an economical way of getting a blu-ray hard drive
    > player don't you think?- Hide quoted text -

    My theory is that blu-ray/hddvd will not take off until it's discs can
    be copied as easily as dvd.

    Anyway, prices of bluray will drop dramtically in the next couple of
    years and 1100 bucks will look like a poor joke.

    Sir to you, Mar 12, 2007