    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue
    Blinky the Shark, Sep 12, 2004

  2. Blinky the Shark

    Scrote Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> I suspect the "official"/"compatible" mic/headset combos for SOCOM
    >> Navy Seals (and other voice-command games) are normal USB
    >> mic/headset combos with prices jacked up to reflect the "Works with
    >> these games..." logos on the packaging. True? False? Am I too
    >> cynical? Nah, let's just stick with T/F for now. :)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >>
    >> Go Blue

    False(ish) ;-) in the case of Sidewinder Gamevoice (
    http://www.gamevoice.com/gamevoice.asp ). It gives the ability to use
    different channels for different groups in the game (MG group, Snipers
    etc) uses MSN/Win Mess as backbone. Gives you configurable voice command
    for each game. The other plus, if you're not using surround sound, is
    that it has a speaker/headset switch. Works well
    --
    Twas a woman who drove me to drink.
    I never had the courtesy to thank her.
    Scrote, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Blinky the Shark

    Scrote Guest

    Scrote wrote:

    >> False(ish) ;-) in the case of Sidewinder Gamevoice (
    >> http://www.gamevoice.com/gamevoice.asp ). It gives the ability to use
    >> different channels for different groups in the game (MG group,
    >> Snipers etc) uses MSN/Win Mess as backbone. Gives you configurable
    >> voice command for each game. The other plus, if you're not using
    >> surround sound, is that it has a speaker/headset switch. Works well

    Duuuh, now is not a good time to notice "PS2" Sorry! :)
    Scrote, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Scrote wrote:
    > Scrote wrote:

    >>> False(ish) ;-) in the case of Sidewinder Gamevoice (
    >>> http://www.gamevoice.com/gamevoice.asp ). It gives the ability to use
    >>> different channels for different groups in the game (MG group,
    >>> Snipers etc) uses MSN/Win Mess as backbone. Gives you configurable
    >>> voice command for each game. The other plus, if you're not using
    >>> surround sound, is that it has a speaker/headset switch. Works well

    > Duuuh, now is not a good time to notice "PS2" Sorry! :)

    Glad I looked here before replying "Uhhh..." to the first reply. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 13, 2004