    visited - any thoughts?

    --
    Alan ............

    Alan Terry, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Alan Terry

    Alan Terry Guest

    In article <>, Mark Johnson
    <> writes
    >Alan Terry <> wrote:
    >

    >>I'm reasonably familiar with PS, but new to using it for photographic
    >>images. I've just discovered levels and curves.
    >>
    >>When I set the brightness, contrast and colours on a new *TV monitor* I
    >>like to make the picture B&W until I get the brightness and contrast
    >>adjusted, then add colour "to taste".

    >Just convert to 'lab mode' and use only the luminance channel. Then go
    >back to rgb and fade/saturate to taste.
    >
    >PSP has something similar, but I believe requires you to actually
    >generate separate b/w images in one mode, one of those images being
    >the luminance - and then you have to combine them back again, when
    >you're done.

    PSP=?

    --
    Alan ............

    Alan Terry, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Alan Terry

    Guest

    In message <>,
    Mark Johnson <> wrote:

    >Alan Terry <> wrote:
    >

    >>I'm reasonably familiar with PS, but new to using it for photographic
    >>images. I've just discovered levels and curves.
    >>
    >>When I set the brightness, contrast and colours on a new *TV monitor* I
    >>like to make the picture B&W until I get the brightness and contrast
    >>adjusted, then add colour "to taste".

    >Just convert to 'lab mode' and use only the luminance channel. Then go
    >back to rgb and fade/saturate to taste.
    >
    >PSP has something similar, but I believe requires you to actually
    >generate separate b/w images in one mode, one of those images being
    >the luminance - and then you have to combine them back again, when
    >you're done.

    PS CS has a plugin filter, HSL/HSB, that converts between RGB, HSB, and
    HSL, but of course it still displays the image as if the channels were
    RGB; it doesn't make HSL or HSB native. I've always wondered why PS
    doesn't have at least one of these as a native mode.
    --

    John P Sheehy <>

    , Dec 6, 2003