    Amount %, Radius pixels, and Threshold levels.

    Thanks,

    FK

    FK, Sep 4, 2003

  2. FK

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "FK" <> wrote in message
    news:bj7lk0$...
    > Hi:
    >
    > Can any one tell me what is the default
    > setting for PS7's unsharp mask?
    >
    > Amount %, Radius pixels, and Threshold levels.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > FK

    Don't know what the default is but I use:

    Amount 50%
    Radius 1 px
    Threshold 0

    I apply the unsharp mask to the Red Channel and see how it looks and if it
    needs more I apply to the Green Channel. Works for me.
    --
    http://www.bobhatch.com
    Our web site about RV Stuff

    Bob Hatch, Sep 4, 2003

  3. FK

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "FK"

    >Can any one tell me what is the default
    >setting for PS7's unsharp mask?
    >
    >Amount %, Radius pixels, and Threshold levels.

    I'm pretty sure it's 50%, radius 1, Threshold 0 ... these are mild settings for
    small images typical of what you'd post on the web, typically not strong enough
    for printing if your file is very big.

    If you want to restore all the defaults just delete the Preferences file and a
    new file with defaults is created next time you open Photoshop.

    Bill Hilton, Sep 4, 2003
  4. AFAIK, there is NO default setting for USM.
    It would be as pointless to have a default setting in USM as it would be
    to have a default setting in LEVELS or CURVES.
    Each picture will need its own USM settings depending on its size, image
    content, prior in-camera sharpening etc., etc..
    IN GENERAL:
    For about 75% of my 4 MP images, I end up using USM settings somewhere
    in the following range
    Amount = 100-240%
    Radius = 0.5-1.3
    Threshold 2.0-10.0
    Whatever USM settings you used LAST will re-appear the next time you
    open the USM filter, but this is not really a "default" setting.
    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Sep 5, 2003
  5. FK

    Flycaster Guest

    "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message
    > I'm pretty sure it's 50%, radius 1, Threshold 0 ... [snip]

    That it is. I just performed my "daily" prefs dump and that is the default
    setting.

    Flycaster, Sep 5, 2003