    faster. YMMV: it probably depends on your location, ISP, etc. They
    do give you a free trial.

    I have no affiliation whatever with Proxyconn.

    MDeB, Oct 25, 2004

  2. MDeB wrote:
    > I saw this thread and, while Proxyconn may not work for some people,
    > it does speed things up for me. I recently let my subscription lapse
    > and noticed that things were slower. I am subscribed again and web
    > page loading, especially when I go back to look at the same page, is
    > faster. YMMV: it probably depends on your location, ISP, etc. They
    > do give you a free trial.
    >
    > I have no affiliation whatever with Proxyconn.

    You lying sack of shit. If you're not associated with that piece of
    crap, then why is your posting host boston4.proxyconn.net? Did you think
    anybody is stupid enough for fall for such a amateurish spam?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 25, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
    25 Oct 2004 00:32:18 -0400, Rôgêr <> screamed from
    behind the mulberry bush:

    >MDeB wrote:
    >> I saw this thread and, while Proxyconn may not work for some people,
    >> it does speed things up for me. I recently let my subscription lapse
    >> and noticed that things were slower. I am subscribed again and web
    >> page loading, especially when I go back to look at the same page, is
    >> faster. YMMV: it probably depends on your location, ISP, etc. They
    >> do give you a free trial.
    >>
    >> I have no affiliation whatever with Proxyconn.

    >You lying sack of shit. If you're not associated with that piece of
    >crap, then why is your posting host boston4.proxyconn.net? Did you think
    >anybody is stupid enough for fall for such a amateurish spam?

    Not to defend the fucktard but since he is using their shit product
    and it uses their proxy servers to fetch web pages, it stands to
    reason that anything he posts through Google would give the IP address
    to Proxyconn's back bone. You're right about their product being shit,
    however.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor wrote:
    > I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
    > 25 Oct 2004 00:32:18 -0400, Rôgêr <> screamed from
    > behind the mulberry bush:
    >

    >>MDeB wrote:
    >>
    >>>I saw this thread and, while Proxyconn may not work for some people,
    >>>it does speed things up for me. I recently let my subscription lapse
    >>>and noticed that things were slower. I am subscribed again and web
    >>>page loading, especially when I go back to look at the same page, is
    >>>faster. YMMV: it probably depends on your location, ISP, etc. They
    >>>do give you a free trial.
    >>>
    >>>I have no affiliation whatever with Proxyconn.

    >>You lying sack of shit. If you're not associated with that piece of
    >>crap, then why is your posting host boston4.proxyconn.net? Did you think
    >>anybody is stupid enough for fall for such a amateurish spam?

    > Not to defend the fucktard but since he is using their shit product
    > and it uses their proxy servers to fetch web pages, it stands to
    > reason that anything he posts through Google would give the IP address
    > to Proxyconn's back bone. You're right about their product being shit,
    > however.

    Yeah, after posting I thought I had acted prematurely. But given the
    crappy product and the magnitude of spamming complaints against it, I'll
    stand by half of my rash statement. :p

    =?UTF-8?B?UsO0Z8Oqcg==?=, Oct 25, 2004
  5. Rôgêr wrote:

    > Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor wrote:

    >> Not to defend the fucktard but since he is using their shit product
    >> and it uses their proxy servers to fetch web pages, it stands to
    >> reason that anything he posts through Google would give the IP address
    >> to Proxyconn's back bone. You're right about their product being shit,
    >> however.
    >>

    > Yeah, after posting I thought I had acted prematurely. But given the
    > crappy product and the magnitude of spamming complaints against it, I'll
    > stand by half of my rash statement. :p

    Oh well, appears proxyconn at least can serve as some sort of anonymizer
    proxy :)
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt [LinuxCounter#295241]

    Walter Mautner, Oct 25, 2004
  6. MDeB

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:32:18 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >You lying sack of shit. If you're not associated with that piece of
    >crap, then why is your posting host boston4.proxyconn.net? Did you think
    >anybody is stupid enough for fall for such a amateurish spam?

    He's posting through the Google WEB interface so if he's using a web
    proxy it shows up as his NNTP-Posting-Host.

    Now Earthlink (my ISP-by-merger) has a web accelerator and it works as
    a web proxy and decreases the size (and quality) of downloaded
    pictures. I believe Earthlink uses a version of Proxyconn.

    So I believe he's using Proxyconn's web proxy.

    I believe this is also what the $5-extra versions of Netzero and Juno
    use but I'm not sure.

    Joel Rubin, Oct 25, 2004
  7. MDeB

    Joel Rubin Guest

    Actually, Earthlink appears to be using a similar program from
    propel.riovista.net.

    I have no idea how the two compare except that if you're an end user
    and wish to subscribe other than through your ISP this appears to be
    $1/month cheaper than proxyconn.

    Earthlink, by the way, only recommends their accelerator for dial-up,
    not broadband.

    Joel Rubin, Oct 25, 2004
  8. MDeB

    MDeB Guest

    Well, not for anything but I don't deserve that.

    The original post purported to clue people in about a "worthless"
    product, and I took it seriously, but I came to a different opinion
    and I expressed it. Obviously, you are free to disagree but there is
    no need to be offensive about it. Shame on both of you!

    MDeB, Oct 26, 2004
  9. MDeB

    Guest Guest

    In article <>,
    (MDeB) wrote:

    >I saw this thread and, while Proxyconn may not work for some people,
    >it does speed things up for me. I recently let my subscription lapse
    >and noticed that things were slower. I am subscribed again and web
    >page loading, especially when I go back to look at the same page, is
    >faster. YMMV: it probably depends on your location, ISP, etc. They
    >do give you a free trial.
    >
    >I have no affiliation whatever with Proxyconn.

    Are you positive?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Btw, who is this moron calling herself 'lady chatterly?'" -- Gargoyle

    Guest, Oct 26, 2004
  10. MDeB

    Tx2 Guest

    In article <>, , a.k.a <> says...

    > Are you positive?

    I might be.

    > Cynics regard everybody as equally corrupt.

    Not everybody, there's no way.

    > Idealists regard everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves.

    Not everyone!

    > For reading comprehension challenged, and in simple terms, I am a bot.

    I doubt if there are any robots here.

    Tx2, Oct 26, 2004
  11. MDeB

    Tx2 Guest