    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Can anyone recommend a good proxy program?

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 9, 2004

  2. Lloyd Jones

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ca7mmh$kcs$:

    > Can anyone recommend a good proxy program?

    For what? To filter content, to cache content, or what? I've yet to set
    up one of these, but SQUID is regarded as a great proxy. It runs on Linux
    and Win32

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    A proxy to mask your IP address, I've had loads in the past but they weren't
    that good. I'll try the one you suggested.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Lloyd Jones

    Global_Killa Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend a good proxy program?
    >
    > LJ

    I've tried to find proxy programs before, and couldn't find a good one. I
    couldn't find one that used SOCKS, so it wouldn't mask your IP when programs
    used the connection.

    The best one I tried for HTTP was called Stealther. Haven't used it in a
    while, so might be worth a try.

    The only problem I found was the speed difference. At the time I was using
    56k, and because your connection is routed through many different computers
    and servers the connection speed was reduced quite a lot.

    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk
    Global_Killa, Jun 9, 2004
  5. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Thanks Global_Killa, I'll try that as well, the last one I used was
    Admuncher, as it says on the tin it blocks popups but also had a built in
    proxy, but that slowed me down more than the other proxy's I've tried in the
    past.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 9, 2004
  6. Lloyd Jones

    > A proxy to mask your IP address, I've had loads in the past but they
    > weren't that good. I'll try the one you suggested.

    If you are using a software proxy on a computer on your network, you can
    not mask your IP. The only way to do that is use a 3rd party proxy that
    runs on someone else's server. Are you afraid of something specific? If
    so, you probably should stop posting to usenet:

    DeMoN LaG, Jun 10, 2004
  7. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Very good, You clicked on properties on my name, give you a CLAP.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 10, 2004
  8. Lloyd Jones

    Super PMD Guest

    > Can anyone recommend a good proxy program?
    >
    > LJ

    Antifirewall.com
    Super PMD, Jun 11, 2004
  9. Lloyd Jones

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ca9gr9$84m$1
    @newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk:

    > Very good, You clicked on properties on my name, give you a CLAP.

    Actually I don't click anything. If you don't use OE and use a dedicated
    news client, you get easy access to information. Here is exactly how I
    see the message I'm replying to:

    DeMoN LaG, Jun 11, 2004
  10. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    You can get the exactly the same info just by right clicking on OE.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 11, 2004
  11. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    i.e

    Newsgroups: alt.computer
    From: DeMoN LaG <>
    Date: 11 Jun 2004 20:16:40 GMT

    From: "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com>
    Newsgroups: alt.computer
    Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:31:54 +0100

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 11, 2004
  12. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I know I included my info in there as well, just showing you.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 11, 2004
  13. Lloyd Jones

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in news:cad4kb$l06$:

    > I know I included my info in there as well, just showing you.

    I'm not denying that. But you make it sound as though I went through some
    sort of effort. If you are trying to be anonymous on the internet it is
    impossible. In order for you to get to a website, or post to a newsgroup,
    you have to connect to someone. Through court order that someone will have
    to rat out who you are. Why are you worried about hiding your IP anyway?

    DeMoN LaG, Jun 12, 2004
  14. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    And again.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Jun 12, 2004
  15. Lloyd Jones

    Super PMD Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <> wrote in message
    > "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in news:cad4kb$l06$:
    >
    > > I know I included my info in there as well, just showing you.

    > I'm not denying that. But you make it sound as though I went through some
    > sort of effort. If you are trying to be anonymous on the internet it is
    > impossible. In order for you to get to a website, or post to a newsgroup,
    > you have to connect to someone. Through court order that someone will

    have
    > to rat out who you are. Why are you worried about hiding your IP anyway?

    It is not impossible with HTTP tunneling, however hiding an IP can be useful
    to stop malicious script kiddies and nosey-parkers.

    PMD
    Super PMD, Jun 12, 2004