    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Jim Watt

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:20:47 +0200, Jim Watt <_way>
    wrote:

    >One of the machines on a network I manage reports it is
    >running a SMTP server and has:
    >
    >Port 220 Proxy+ SMTP server at proxyplus.universe.
    >
    >A quick search on Google is uninformative - its internet access
    >has been terminated for the moment as this looks stinky to me
    >
    >Any comments from those 'in the know'

    As I cried for help and no help came, lets give the sort
    of answer that would have helped;

    The program is a firewall/proxy/mailserver from
    http://www.proxyplus.cz/

    the process it runs is called progman.exe which installs
    in programs/ie explorer/cabs

    The new version is supposed to come with an uninstall
    option which this one did not. but its gone by the manual
    method.

    There is no reason to suspect any malevolence but nobody
    admits to installing it.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com