    computer keeps telling me the drivers are not installed. I am running Windows
    xp Home addition. The wireless card is an Gold Orinoco 802.11b PC Card.
    HELP!!!
    =?Utf-8?B?RG9u?=, Jan 2, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RG9u?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Hi Don what drivers have you installed? Have you installed the ones for
    Windows XP? Have you simply tried connecting your PC to the internet and
    letting it find the drivers it needs? This has worked for me.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Jan 2, 2007

  3. Thank you David for your reply
    I installed the drivers from the installation CD. Then when I try use the
    card it tells me the drivers are not installed. I have went to the
    manufacters website and that was not help. The drivers were supposed to be
    for xp

    =?Utf-8?B?RG9u?=, Jan 2, 2007
  4. Hi
    WOW the Orinoco Gold 802.11b, in its time use to be the best Wireless Card.
    Log the Proxim Support and look for the drivers,
    http://support.proxim.com/cgi-bin/p...*FZ9i&p_lva=&p_sp=&p_li=&p_next_page=home.php
    You have to create an account first.
    Before you try to install the drivers again make sure that there is No Ghost
    in the Device Manger, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 2, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RG9u?=

    David Hettel Guest

    I have been using one of these in Windows XP Pro up until just a few months
    ago. I was using the downloaded drivers by Microsoft. It worked well for me.
    I haven't used the Orinoco drivers in years.

    David Hettel, Jan 2, 2007