Providers registered with Nominet for ENUM

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Chris Hills, Jan 25, 2010.

  1. Chris Hills

    Chris Hills Guest

    Hi

    Does anyone know of a list of voip providers that are capable of adding
    records to the UK ENUM registry operated by Nominet? I could not seem to
    find it on their website.

    Regards,

    Chris

    Chris Hills, Jan 25, 2010

  2. Chris Hills

    Chris Hills Guest

    Of course, a few minutes later, I turned it up:-

    http://www.nominet.org.uk/enum/businesses/enumregistrars/

    Sadly neither Sipgate or Gradwell are registered yet. If you have an
    account there, please pester them!

    Chris Hills, Jan 25, 2010

  3. In article <hjjd0i$jd8$-september.org>,
    Chris Hills <> wrote:
    >-=-=-=-=-=-
    >
    >Of course, a few minutes later, I turned it up:-
    >
    >http://www.nominet.org.uk/enum/businesses/enumregistrars/
    >
    >Sadly neither Sipgate or Gradwell are registered yet. If you have an
    >account there, please pester them!

    eNum gives us a way to bypass the PSTN to allow a VoIP phone (or PBX)
    to call a (geographic) number which also has a VoIP means to reach it...

    And strange as this may seem, that's not in everyones interests -
    especially not the interests of people who make money placing and taking
    calls via the PSTN...

    Also, to work, the recieving end must allow incoming calls from any
    source without authentication/validation, and more importantly *trust*
    the incoming caller ID to be who it says it is.

    Surprisingly not everyone wants to do that either.

    eNum is one of those things that's good on paper, but isn't going to be
    widely adoped in the real world - at least until the business model
    changes.

    Well, that's my opinion anyway.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Jan 25, 2010
  4. Chris Hills

    Gradwell

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hi there,

    We (Gradwell) are evaluating ENUM heavily and our MD, Peter Gradwell, is the Chair of the UK ENUM Working Group (ukec.co.uk) developing the business model for ENUM.

    Gradwell, Jan 30, 2010