providers and voip regulations

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by meisadick@hotmail.co.uk, May 31, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Afternoon I hope that someone on here could answer a couple of
    questions for me

    Either I am being dumb or I am completely missing something I have
    been considering moving the telecoms for my business and home over to
    VoIP for a while now and have spent the last month or so doing a lot
    of reading and trying to weigh up what provider is going to be best
    for me.

    I am aware that new regulation for the VoIP industry came in to force
    on the 29th of this month yet I have only been able to find 2
    providers that seem to be adhering to these new laws www.vonage.co.uk
    and www.voipfone.co.uk this limits my options unless I am repaired to
    take a chance on one of the companies that would seem to be NOT
    Sticking to the rules for example www.gradwell.com, www.voip.co.uk,
    www.voiptalk.org, www.tescointernetphone.com, www.timico.co.uk, www.skype.com

    I'm quite confused as to why these regulations are being ignored by
    the vast majority of VoIP providers is there not some sort of
    regulatory body that is supposed to ensure that these rules and
    regulations are adhered to or is it only offcom ? In addition, how can
    these new laws just be ignored?

    Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

    Tom
    , May 31, 2007

  2. Oldie Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > (snipped)
    >
    > Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

    I'm sure that if you post it a few more times someone will.

    Oldie
    Oldie, May 31, 2007