    Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

    Tom

    , May 31, 2007

  2. News Reader Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am aware that new regulation for the VoIP industry came in to force
    > on the 29th of this month yet I have only been able to find 2
    > providers that seem to be adhering to these new laws www.vonage.co.uk
    > and www.voipfone.co.uk this limits my options unless I am repaired to
    > take a chance on one of the companies that would seem to be sticking
    > to the rules for example www.gradwell.com, www.voip.co.uk,
    > www.voiptalk.org,
    > www.tescointernetphone.com, www.timico.co.uk, www.skype.com
    >
    > I'm quite confused as to why these regulations are being ignored by
    > the vast majority of VoIP providers is there not some sort of
    > regulatory body that is supposed to ensure that these rules and
    > regulations are adhered to or is it only offcom ? In addition, how can
    > these new laws just be ignored?
    >
    > Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
    >
    > Tom

    Hi,

    Sounds interesting.

    Can you enlighten? ...detail the new laws, their name(s), links to them,
    etc.

    Thanks and in advance.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Jun 2, 2007

  3. News Reader Guest

    "News Reader" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >>I am aware that new regulation for the VoIP industry came in to force
    >> on the 29th of this month yet I have only been able to find 2
    >> providers that seem to be adhering to these new laws www.vonage.co.uk
    >> and www.voipfone.co.uk this limits my options unless I am repaired to
    >> take a chance on one of the companies that would seem to be sticking
    >> to the rules for example www.gradwell.com, www.voip.co.uk,
    >> www.voiptalk.org,
    >> www.tescointernetphone.com, www.timico.co.uk, www.skype.com
    >>
    >> I'm quite confused as to why these regulations are being ignored by
    >> the vast majority of VoIP providers is there not some sort of
    >> regulatory body that is supposed to ensure that these rules and
    >> regulations are adhered to or is it only offcom ? In addition, how can
    >> these new laws just be ignored?
    >>
    >> Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
    >>
    >> Tom
    >>

    > Hi,
    >

    > Sounds interesting.
    >
    > Can you enlighten? ...detail the new laws, their name(s), links to them,
    > etc.
    >
    > Thanks and in advance.
    >

    > Best wishes,
    >

    > News Reader

    Hmm... lol...

    absently or cursorily noted that their appeared to be or might have been
    more than one thread with the same title here... but was working in reverse
    date order... lol ... that doesn't always work - lol

    Thanks,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Jun 2, 2007