    Citylink is good, but must be on the ring. Obviously a high speed provider.

    Thanks

    TEX
    TEX, Jan 28, 2004

  2. TEX

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "TEX" <> wrote in message
    news:40178e1d$...
    > Looking for a local provider who is in auckland and wellington who can
    > provide limitless local traffic and capped international traffic.
    > Citylink is good, but must be on the ring. Obviously a high speed

    provider.

    > Thanks
    >
    > TEX

    If the ring is that important, you might like to get in touch with Peter
    Jackson about it.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jan 28, 2004

  3. TEX wrote:
    > Looking for a local provider who is in auckland and wellington who can
    > provide limitless local traffic and capped international traffic.
    > Citylink is good, but must be on the ring. Obviously a high speed provider.

    Are you able to tell us what it is for?
    What speeds are needed?
    what you mean by limitless, like truly unlimited, or just really really
    heaps?

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 28, 2004
  4. TEX

    harry Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 23:38:04 +1300, TEX wrote:

    > Looking for a local provider who is in auckland and wellington who can
    > provide limitless local traffic and capped international traffic.
    > Citylink is good, but must be on the ring. Obviously a high speed provider.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > TEX

    Paradise cable is close to that.
    Zero rate for local traffic to the WIX, national traffic is counted
    as 1/10 of the international traffic. Cap is 10MB
    harry, Jan 28, 2004
  5. TEX

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 23:38:04 +1300, TEX wrote:

    > Looking for a local provider who is in auckland and wellington who can
    > provide limitless local traffic and capped international traffic. Citylink
    > is good, but must be on the ring. Obviously a high speed provider.

    By being 'on the ring', do you mean WIX/APE?

    We use DTS (http://www.dts.net.nz) in Wellington on Citylink. I'm not sure
    what their Auckland coverage is like though (if any).

    They offer unlimited free national traffic, and 10c per MB for any
    international traffic over your prebought bulk amount. Our ISP bill more
    than halved after we switched to them from Telstra (we were originally a
    Netlink customer) even though our traffic increased. And we don't have to
    fight helpdesks anymore.

    There were a few frustrating teething issues in the early days, but they
    seem to be slightly more reliable than our previous connections now.

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Jan 28, 2004
  6. TEX

    TEX Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > TEX wrote:
    >
    >> Looking for a local provider who is in auckland and wellington who can
    >> provide limitless local traffic and capped international traffic.
    >> Citylink is good, but must be on the ring. Obviously a high speed
    >> provider.

    > Are you able to tell us what it is for?
    > What speeds are needed?
    > what you mean by limitless, like truly unlimited, or just really really
    > heaps?

    Commercial dsl speed required. Meaning upto 5mbs. Will be used to
    remotely access streaming video controllers. Local traffic will be in
    the excess of 5gb a month based on two hours a day full 25 ips, pal
    format streaming video. So working on that, a 10gb international cap is
    fine, with excess mb at 10-20c per mb there after. But also be able to
    provide unlimited local/national traffic.

    Citylink can provide a plan, but that means you will be required to be
    located in certain streets in the CBD. So looking for other alternatives.

    Thanks

    TEX
    TEX, Jan 29, 2004