provide Digital Surround output for 64 bit Vista

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Techy, Dec 9, 2007.

  1. Techy

    Techy Guest

    I use both Win XP 32 bit and Vista 64 bit. With Win XP my receiver reads
    Dolby Digital Surround sound. With Vista 64 it reads just as surround sound
    or prologic and usually just plays in the center speaker.

    I have tried both optical and coaxial cables. I have also tried two
    different receivers. So I know it's the computer, not my receiver. The
    default device is also set to SPDIF on Vista. Drivers all updated.

    When will Microsoft release a fix for this?

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/co...505&dg=microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    Techy, Dec 9, 2007

  2. Techy

    Carlos Guest

    Techy,
    The soundcard manufacturer is the one who should be addressed.
    If you have a CreativeLabs card, they have done an awful job with their
    drivers.
    You might want to check their Vista forums for possible solutions.
    http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board?board.id=Vista
    I worked out the bass redirection issue by reading it.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 9, 2007