    Thanks for your advice,
    Best regards,
    Michelot

    Michelot, Jun 25, 2007

  2. Michelot

    Steinar Haug Guest

    > In your environment do you see :
    >
    > (1) IP/ARP over MPLS over Ethernet (over a transport protocol) or,
    > instead
    >
    > (2) IP/ARP over Ethernet over MPLS (over a transport protocol).
    >
    > In my WAN environment I often see the second form.

    Usually 1, with the caveat that Ethernet is often the transport
    protocol itself, used directly over dark fibre. Sometimes it is
    Ethernet over SDH.

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Jun 25, 2007

  3. Michelot

    Michelot Guest

    Bonjour Steinar,

    Thanks for your expression.

    > Usually 1, with the caveat that Ethernet is often the transport
    > protocol itself, used directly over dark fibre. Sometimes it is
    > Ethernet over SDH.

    - When you say "over dark fibre", do you exclude SDH, or SDH can be a
    possibility?

    - In your background, for SDH, do you know if it is 10G directly in
    VC-4-64c or any other rate, using GFP or ATM adaptations?

    Best regards,
    Michelot

    Michelot, Jun 26, 2007