  1. Nowhere

    Nowhere Guest

    What type of computer are you using? What protection have you got on it?
    Nowhere, Feb 24, 2005

  2. "Nowhere" <> wrote in message
    news:cvkgau$t2n$...
    > What type of computer are you using? What protection have you got on it?

    Why do you want to know?
    **SS**
    secret squiddle, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Nowhere, <>, the misanthropic, second-rate flap, and
    seller of cups and mugs, diffused:

    > What type of computer are you using? What protection have you got on
    > it?

    It took a while, but I managed to stretch a ribbed jonny over the top
    of it and one over the router to prevent the ingress and egress of all
    manner of fluids.

    So far so good, but condensation's a right bitch.
    Edward Ahearn-Engis, Feb 24, 2005
  4. Nowhere

    trout Guest

    Nowhere wrote:

    > What type of computer are you using? What protection have you got on
    > it?

    It's kind of off-white; and I've suspended over it a salad-bar
    sneeze-guard. I say that only because someone else already used a condom
    joke; and any regular reader of the newsgroup (or someone that read not
    too any back-posts) would already have a pretty-good idea.
    I believe that *most* people would recommend the bare basics of a
    decent firewall (that can control two-way traffic: outgoing and
    incoming) and a good anti-virus: that has frequent updates, and features
    'real-time' protection, as well as on-demand scanning of individual
    files. A back-up of this type of program is good too, for
    second-guessing and base-covering. *Some* people would insist that you'd
    need a dedicated program to scan/filter email (although this is usually
    an area in which preventative common-sense should be sufficient).
    Other than that, there are a litany of programs that you can use,
    depending on *your* system, to tweak security, and just good practices
    to keep you safer. There are diagnostic programs to run if you think you
    might have been compromised, and droning hoards of the vacant-eyed that
    will just chant "Linux" over and over at you.
    What do *you* have? What do you do with it?
    --
    "The devil is in the details."
    trout, Feb 24, 2005
  5. Nowhere

    Nowhere Guest

    Just curious as to what people use... nothing sinister,...

    Nowhere, Feb 24, 2005
  6. Nowhere, <>, the degenerative, asinine manikin, and
    performer of cart wheels, sent forth:

    > Just curious as to what people use... nothing sinister,...

    You prick. Even if they told you precisely what they were using,
    what the **** gives you the idea you'd know what to do with it
    that constitutes "sinister"?

    TWAT!!

    Ishwar Chandra-singh Satadhanvan, Feb 24, 2005
  7. Nowhere

    Nowhere Guest

    You fucking Zombie !!
    Nowhere, Feb 24, 2005
  8. Nowhere wrote:

    > What type of computer are you using? What protection have you got on it?

    Home-built. A firewall.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 24, 2005
  9. Edward Ahearn-Engis wrote:

    > Nowhere, <>, the misanthropic, second-rate flap, and
    > seller of cups and mugs, diffused:

    >> What type of computer are you using? What protection have you got on
    >> it?

    > It took a while, but I managed to stretch a ribbed jonny over the top
    > of it and one over the router to prevent the ingress and egress of all
    > manner of fluids.

    You've been working too hard.

    http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/precautions.jpg

    > So far so good, but condensation's a right bitch.

    :)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 24, 2005
  10. Nowhere, <>, the clitoric, blaring harpy, and old
    woman who goes about the streets gathering dog droppings to be used for
    tanning leather, decried:

    Tong the analytical, Feb 24, 2005
  11. Re: what is an orgasm

    Blinky the Shark, <>, the self-winding, hoofed gorilla,
    and official of the Royal Forest in charge of picking up acorns, beseeched:

    Ning the glutton-embalmer, Feb 24, 2005