    in the San Fernando Valley. The two pirates were later convicted of
    operating a recording device in a theater and sentenced to about a
    month in jail."

    Modemac, Aug 16, 2004

  2. "Modemac" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Source: Internet Movie Database
    >
    > MPAA Honors Projectionists Who Turned in Pirates
    >
    > "The first two theater projectionists who spotted and turned in
    > customers who were illegally camcording movies on the screen were
    > handed reward checks for $500 by the MPAA for their action Thursday.
    > One recipient saw a patron illegally camcording The Passion of the
    > Christ at The Grove mall in Los Angeles on April 10. Another, using
    > night-vision goggles, spotted a man recording The Alamo at a theater
    > in the San Fernando Valley. The two pirates were later convicted of
    > operating a recording device in a theater and sentenced to about a
    > month in jail."

    Nightvision goggles! Now the projectionists can watch people make
    out...cool.

    Rev. Lance Randy, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Hahahaha!!!

    Vicho Friedli, Aug 16, 2004
  4. "Modemac" <> wrote in message
    > Source: Internet Movie Database
    >
    > MPAA Honors Projectionists Who Turned in Pirates
    >
    > One recipient saw a patron illegally camcording The Passion of the
    > Christ at The Grove mall in Los Angeles on April 10....

    Of all the movies to pirate! Is that guy going to jail AND to hell?

    --With love, the Rabbs

    Rabbi Jacklyn Hyde, Aug 16, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    Modemac <> wrote:
    >Source: Internet Movie Database
    >
    >MPAA Honors Projectionists Who Turned in Pirates
    >
    >"The first two theater projectionists who spotted and turned in
    >customers who were illegally camcording movies on the screen were
    >handed reward checks for $500 by the MPAA for their action Thursday.
    >One recipient saw a patron illegally camcording The Passion of the
    >Christ at The Grove mall in Los Angeles on April 10. Another, using
    >night-vision goggles, spotted a man recording The Alamo at a theater

    It's really sad that people will actually pay money for movies
    videotaped like this. I mean really, the quallity has to suck ass. I
    suppose it can't be worse than watching movies in a tiny window on
    your computer screeen.

    just seems dumb to me

    cheers!

    --
    -----------------------------
    "Once you were dry; I made you juicy."

    The Stinking Bishop Prostata Cantata Chancellor of, Aug 18, 2004
  6. Modemac

    Guest Guest

    Night vision goggles!!??

    I think we know why he had them in the cinema.

    perv ;)

    Guest, Aug 18, 2004
  7. Modemac

    Justin Guest

    The Stinking Bishop Prostata Cantata Chancellor of Sciences and Arch Duke of the Underworld wrote on [Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:21:53 -0400]:
    > In article <>,
    > Modemac <> wrote:
    >>Source: Internet Movie Database
    >>
    >>MPAA Honors Projectionists Who Turned in Pirates
    >>
    >>"The first two theater projectionists who spotted and turned in
    >>customers who were illegally camcording movies on the screen were
    >>handed reward checks for $500 by the MPAA for their action Thursday.
    >>One recipient saw a patron illegally camcording The Passion of the
    >>Christ at The Grove mall in Los Angeles on April 10. Another, using
    >>night-vision goggles, spotted a man recording The Alamo at a theater

    > It's really sad that people will actually pay money for movies
    > videotaped like this. I mean really, the quallity has to suck ass. I
    > suppose it can't be worse than watching movies in a tiny window on
    > your computer screeen.

    Download and watch these videocammed movies!

    And the bragging rights of owning a movie before it's available.

    Justin, Aug 18, 2004
  8. Modemac

    booser Guest

    of the Underworld " <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Modemac <> wrote:
    > >Source: Internet Movie Database
    > >
    > >MPAA Honors Projectionists Who Turned in Pirates
    > >
    > >"The first two theater projectionists who spotted and turned in
    > >customers who were illegally camcording movies on the screen were
    > >handed reward checks for $500 by the MPAA for their action Thursday.
    > >One recipient saw a patron illegally camcording The Passion of the
    > >Christ at The Grove mall in Los Angeles on April 10. Another, using
    > >night-vision goggles, spotted a man recording The Alamo at a theater

    > It's really sad that people will actually pay money for movies
    > videotaped like this. I mean really, the quallity has to suck ass. I
    > suppose it can't be worse than watching movies in a tiny window on
    > your computer screeen.

    No one pays for them. They just download them from the internet. Also, the
    quality is really not that bad, especially if they have a tripod.

    > just seems dumb to me

    No, what dumb is not using the video out from the projector and using it to
    make the movie. Of course, you have to know an "insider" to do that.

    booser, Aug 18, 2004
  9. Modemac

    Guest

    Hollywood movie company executices now claim that anyone who watches a
    dvd with you that you purchased and they did not is guilty of violating
    copyrighr and breaking the law.

    According to them, a family that watches one dvd together is comitting a
    copyright violation because they did not buy the same number of copies
    as the number of people in their families. (even though no copies of
    anything have actually been made by the family viewing the dvd)

    that if you're a family of four (husband, wife, and 2 kids) to avoid
    breaking copyright law, you have to buy four dvd discs of each movie you
    buy. If you're a family of seven, you have to buy seven copies of the
    same movie of each movie you by on dvd. (according to hollywood movie
    executives)

    I myself don't understand how this is a "copyright violation" since no
    copies are being made in this case.

    However, Hollywood movie executicves claim that it doesn't matter if
    there weren't any copies made, that it's STILL a copyright violation
    since the other members in your family are watching movies on dvd discs
    (or tapes) that they have not paid for. Only the husband or only the
    wife or only one of the kids have paid for it.

    , Aug 21, 2004

  11. On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:09:35 -0400, wrote:

    >Hollywood movie company executices now claim that anyone who watches a
    >dvd with you that you purchased and they did not is guilty of violating
    >copyrighr and breaking the law.
    >
    >According to them, a family that watches one dvd together is comitting a
    >copyright violation because they did not buy the same number of copies
    >as the number of people in their families. (even though no copies of
    >anything have actually been made by the family viewing the dvd)
    >
    >that if you're a family of four (husband, wife, and 2 kids) to avoid
    >breaking copyright law, you have to buy four dvd discs of each movie you
    >buy. If you're a family of seven, you have to buy seven copies of the
    >same movie of each movie you by on dvd. (according to hollywood movie
    >executives)
    >
    >I myself don't understand how this is a "copyright violation" since no
    >copies are being made in this case.
    >
    >However, Hollywood movie executicves claim that it doesn't matter if
    >there weren't any copies made, that it's STILL a copyright violation
    >since the other members in your family are watching movies on dvd discs
    >(or tapes) that they have not paid for. Only the husband or only the
    >wife or only one of the kids have paid for it.

    yer a loser.

    The copyright warning means you may not publically display the movie
    (i.e use it to make money or as a promotional device)

    you can have all the private viewing parties you like.

    GK

    grant kinsley, Aug 22, 2004
  12. wrote:
    > Hollywood movie company executices now claim that anyone who watches a
    > dvd with you that you purchased and they did not is guilty of
    > violating copyrighr and breaking the law.

    Still shitting out your same shit as always.
    Nothing changes with you.

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Aug 22, 2004
  13. Modemac

    John Savard Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:09:23 -0400, wrote, in part:

    >Hollywood movie company executices now claim that anyone who watches a
    >dvd with you that you purchased and they did not is guilty of violating
    >copyrighr and breaking the law.
    >
    >According to them, a family that watches one dvd together is comitting a
    >copyright violation because they did not buy the same number of copies
    >as the number of people in their families. (even though no copies of
    >anything have actually been made by the family viewing the dvd)

    No, they don't claim that. However, the movies are licensed for private
    home viewing only, so if you charge admission, there's a problem.

    Also, be sure to draw your curtains when playing DVDs!

    John Savard

    John Savard, Aug 22, 2004