    the hood, but it appears that it would protect the screen.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks!
    BRH, Jul 31, 2006

  2. BRH

    Bucky Guest

    BRH wrote:
    > Someone here suggested the clearfilm
    > protectors for PDA's, cut down to size. I tried that, but can't seem to
    > apply it to the screen so that there are no bubbles

    See if you can buy it at a smaller, full-service store where they will
    apply the clearfilm for you.

    I discovered pretty noticeable scratches on my LCD screen after a
    month, and I was pretty devastated, thinking it was permanent. My
    friend brought me to a cell phone store where they sold cell phone
    films. The woman there was extremely skilled. She cleaned off the LCD
    with some wipes, then used tape to remove the dust in the scratches (I
    wouldn't have known to do that). Then she cut the film to an exact size
    and applied it with no bubbles whatsoever. Amazingly, I could not even
    tell there were scratches anymore. It was a little pricey, I think
    costed around $7-8 USD, but absolutely worth it. (The catch is that
    this place was in Asia, I don't know if they do this for you in North
    America).
    Bucky, Jul 31, 2006

  3. BRH

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>, BRH <BRH>
    wrote:

    > I received my new Panasonic FZ7 and few days ago. Now I'm interested in
    > protecting the LCD screen. Someone here suggested the clearfilm
    > protectors for PDA's, cut down to size. I tried that, but can't seem to
    > apply it to the screen so that there are no bubbles. (OK -- so I'm
    > clumsy....)
    >
    > Are there any devices available that would protect the LCD screen? I
    > came across this at a camera store:
    >
    > http://www.delkin.com/products/popupshades/index.html
    >
    > and wonder whether anyone here has used one. I'm not so interested in
    > the hood, but it appears that it would protect the screen.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Giottos has ones that are cut to size when you get them and lie flat
    with no bubbles. They come with a card that is used to rub across the
    screen as you apply them so they remove the air bells. They are a bit
    thicker which also helps to eliminate air bells. They are inexpensive.
    Come 3 to a pack + a micr fiber cloth to clean the screen and the
    scraper. List price is less then $8.00 a pack.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
    Bob Salomon, Jul 31, 2006
  4. BRH

    [BnH] Guest

    Try this guys

    http://www.daproducts.com/

    =bob=

    [BnH], Aug 1, 2006
  5. BRH

    irwell Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:41:10 -0400, BRH <BRH> wrote:

    >I received my new Panasonic FZ7 and few days ago. Now I'm interested in
    >protecting the LCD screen. Someone here suggested the clearfilm
    >protectors for PDA's, cut down to size. I tried that, but can't seem to
    >apply it to the screen so that there are no bubbles. (OK -- so I'm
    >clumsy....)
    >
    >Are there any devices available that would protect the LCD screen? I
    >came across this at a camera store:
    >
    >http://www.delkin.com/products/popupshades/index.html
    >
    >and wonder whether anyone here has used one. I'm not so interested in
    >the hood, but it appears that it would protect the screen.
    >
    >Any thoughts?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Not worth the worry, the LCD screen is only an approximation anyway,
    the final results will be on your computer or printed photo.
    irwell, Aug 1, 2006
  6. BRH

    Marvin Guest

    BRH wrote:
    > I received my new Panasonic FZ7 and few days ago. Now I'm interested in
    > protecting the LCD screen. Someone here suggested the clearfilm
    > protectors for PDA's, cut down to size. I tried that, but can't seem to
    > apply it to the screen so that there are no bubbles. (OK -- so I'm
    > clumsy....)
    >
    > Are there any devices available that would protect the LCD screen? I
    > came across this at a camera store:
    >
    > http://www.delkin.com/products/popupshades/index.html
    >
    > and wonder whether anyone here has used one. I'm not so interested in
    > the hood, but it appears that it would protect the screen.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Get a solid plastic shield at
    http://daproducts.com/proselect.htm.
    Some cameras come with shields like this, including my
    Panasonic LZ3. I don't see the FZ7 listed there, but pick
    another that has the right size for your screen, and will be
    fine. I've used these shields on other cameras.
    Marvin, Aug 1, 2006