    Thank you for any help you can give.

    Oh, I have Windows-XPse98, so a technical friend of mine advises.

    AI
    Alison Applegarth, Jan 21, 2005

  2. Alison Applegarth

    Scrote Guest

    Alison Applegarth wrote:
    >> Trolling bait
    >> AI

    --
    We've all met people who are supposedly incredibly intelligent but
    don't know which way to sit on a lavatory. -- Stephen Fry
    Scrote, Jan 21, 2005

  3. Alison Applegarth

    Heretic Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:16:34 +0000, Scrote wrote:

    > We've all met people who are supposedly incredibly intelligent but
    > don't know which way to sit on a lavatory.

    Since when do people sit on them?
    Heretic, Jan 21, 2005
  4. Alison Applegarth

    Scrote Guest

    Heretic wrote:
    >> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:16:34 +0000, Scrote wrote:
    >>
    >>> We've all met people who are supposedly incredibly intelligent but
    >>> don't know which way to sit on a lavatory.

    >> Since when do people sit on them?

    You're from the East of Dover(Kent) right?
    --
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who
    cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly
    Scrote, Jan 21, 2005
  5. Alison Applegarth

    Heretic Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:30:37 +0000, Scrote wrote:

    > Heretic wrote:

    >>> Since when do people sit on them?

    > You're from the East of Dover(Kent) right?

    Who isn't?
    Heretic, Jan 21, 2005
  6. Alison Applegarth

    Scrote Guest

    Heretic wrote:

    >>> You're from the East of Dover(Kent) right?

    >> Who isn't?

    Rhetorical questions, discuss.
    As you chose to fail to understand then the correct answer would be,
    only those living between Long 1.32 deg E and Long 180 deg E, everyone
    else is to the WEST.
    --
    Youth is a disease from which we all recover.
    -- Dorothy Fulheim
    Scrote, Jan 21, 2005
  7. Alison Applegarth

    Conor Guest

    In article <>, Alison Applegarth says...
    > Hello, my name is Alison.
    >
    > I'm a mother of three youngsters (13, 14, 15) who have been using the
    > internet for some time now.
    >
    > However, recently I discovered that they have somehow accessed rather
    > unsavoury material.
    >
    > They are naturally at an impressionable age and want to protect them without
    > restricting their natural intrigue for things new. How can I go about this?

    You can't. Its a losing battle. If they don't see it on the net,
    they'll see it on TV or from a dodgy DVD or porn mags doing the rounds
    at school.

    Its a natural part of growing up and they're just at that age. A far
    better thing to do would be to have a frank discussion about it rather
    than trying to stop them as it makes it more alluring and they'll try
    harder to access it.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton
    Conor, Jan 21, 2005
  8. "Conor" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Alison Applegarth says...
    >> Hello, my name is Alison.
    >>
    >> I'm a mother of three youngsters (13, 14, 15) who have been using the
    >> internet for some time now.
    >>
    >> However, recently I discovered that they have somehow accessed rather
    >> unsavoury material.
    >>
    >> They are naturally at an impressionable age and want to protect them
    >> without restricting their natural intrigue for things new. How can I
    >> go about this?
    >>

    > You can't. Its a losing battle. If they don't see it on the net,
    > they'll see it on TV or from a dodgy DVD or porn mags doing the rounds
    > at school.
    >
    > Its a natural part of growing up and they're just at that age. A far
    > better thing to do would be to have a frank discussion about it rather
    > than trying to stop them as it makes it more alluring and they'll try
    > harder to access it.

    Oh thank you Conor, that's very useful to know just how fucking
    stupid you are. Of course you didn't read the other responses first
    did you? Thank you, and **** off.
    Gloria Goitre, Jan 21, 2005
  9. Alison Applegarth

    Heretic Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:49:23 +0000, Scrote wrote:

    > Heretic wrote:

    >>> Who isn't?

    > Rhetorical questions, discuss.
    > As you chose to fail to understand then the correct answer would be,
    > only those living between Long 1.32 deg E and Long 180 deg E, everyone
    > else is to the WEST.

    Oh, you make it seem so simple. What happens to those living there if you
    keep going east. If, for example, you circumnavigate the world, as it
    were?
    Heretic, Jan 21, 2005
  10. Alison Applegarth

    rapskat Guest

    Heretic wrote:

    >> Rhetorical questions, discuss.
    >> As you chose to fail to understand then the correct answer would be,
    >> only those living between Long 1.32 deg E and Long 180 deg E,
    >> everyone else is to the WEST.

    > Oh, you make it seem so simple. What happens to those living there
    > if you keep going east. If, for example, you circumnavigate the
    > world, as it were?

    Impossible. They'd fall off the edge.
    rapskat, Jan 21, 2005
  11. You might want to use a program like NetNanny or some other program. There's
    also a program called WebBlaster, made by SpectorSoft, that monitors your
    kids' activities, but doesn't do anything about it. The only problem with
    NetNanny or another program is that there are certain sites, like
    www.peacefire.org, that allow you to download a program to circumvent these
    programs by connecting to another person's Internet. But I'd stick with the
    basics.
    http://www.pearlsw.com/
    http://www.netnanny.com
    http://www.vantagesoftware.com/products/surf_patrol/

    Some of these solutions can require a yearly subscription, though.

    Jack Underwood, Jan 21, 2005
  12. Alison Applegarth

    Heretic Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:59:29 -0800, rapskat wrote:

    > Heretic wrote:

    >>> Rhetorical questions, discuss.
    >>> As you chose to fail to understand then the correct answer would be,
    >>> only those living between Long 1.32 deg E and Long 180 deg E,
    >>> everyone else is to the WEST.

    >> Oh, you make it seem so simple. What happens to those living there
    >> if you keep going east. If, for example, you circumnavigate the
    >> world, as it were?

    > Impossible. They'd fall off the edge.

    Velcro dots on their feet?
    Heretic, Jan 21, 2005
  13. Not that I'm trying to get you to use any of these programs, though. Your
    kids will gain access to these materials anyway. It's like a call of nature
    to teenagers. The best thing to do is sit down and have a talk with them. Or
    slip a hint every once in a while, like "Boy, I'm sure glad you guys don't
    look at porn!" If they listen, their conscious will get to them and they may
    try to stop by themselves. Or they may fail and you'll have to use the
    censoring programs anyway...

    Jack Underwood, Jan 21, 2005
  14. "Heretic" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:59:29 -0800, rapskat wrote:
    >
    >> Heretic wrote:

    >>> Oh, you make it seem so simple. What happens to those living there
    >>> if you keep going east. If, for example, you circumnavigate the
    >>> world, as it were?

    >> Impossible. They'd fall off the edge.

    > Velcro dots on their feet?

    More like supermagnets. Or 5-inch claws that dig into the dirt.
    Jack Underwood, Jan 21, 2005
  15. Alison Applegarth

    Heretic Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:19:57 +0000, Jack Underwood wrote:

    > "Heretic" <> wrote in message

    >>> Impossible. They'd fall off the edge.

    >> Velcro dots on their feet?
    >>

    > More like supermagnets. Or 5-inch claws that dig into the dirt.

    Of course. Technical experts always have such sensible answers.
    Heretic, Jan 21, 2005
  16. No technical expert, just an aspiring one.

    Jack Underwood, Jan 21, 2005
  17. Alison Applegarth

    Heretic Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:24:44 +0000, Jack Underwood wrote:

    > "Heretic" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:19:57 +0000, Jack Underwood wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Heretic" <> wrote in message

    >>> More like supermagnets. Or 5-inch claws that dig into the dirt.

    >> Of course. Technical experts always have such sensible answers.
    >>

    > No technical expert, just an aspiring one.

    Speaking of aspiring, how do these people breathe underwater?
    Heretic, Jan 21, 2005
  18. Or they may just look at feelthy pictures and turn out like me.

    Jack Underwood wrote:

    > Not that I'm trying to get you to use any of these programs, though. Your
    > kids will gain access to these materials anyway. It's like a call of nature
    > to teenagers. The best thing to do is sit down and have a talk with them. Or
    > slip a hint every once in a while, like "Boy, I'm sure glad you guys don't
    > look at porn!" If they listen, their conscious will get to them and they may
    > try to stop by themselves. Or they may fail and you'll have to use the
    > censoring programs anyway...
    >

    > "Alison Applegarth" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello, my name is Alison.
    >>
    >>I'm a mother of three youngsters (13, 14, 15) who have been using the
    >>internet for some time now.

    <snip>
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 21, 2005
  19. Alison Applegarth

    Gazwad Guest

    Jack Underwood , wrote in message
    cfId.10895$:
    > Not that I'm trying to get you to use any of these programs, though.
    > Your kids will gain access to these materials anyway. It's like a
    > call of nature to teenagers. The best thing to do is sit down and
    > have a talk with them. Or slip a hint every once in a while, like
    > "Boy, I'm sure glad you guys don't look at porn!" If they listen,
    > their conscious will get to them and they may try to stop by
    > themselves. Or they may fail and you'll have to use the censoring
    > programs anyway...

    Complete fucking crap, you ****.

    What will work is surfing porn whilst the little cunts are looking on.

    --
    Lunch was nice;

    Steamed horse flies and humpbacked whale canker vinegar on top of skewered
    cadaver foreskins and marmot carbuncle preserve accompanied with putrefied
    heads of lettuce and fungus penis garnish next to baked gnats smothered in
    salted corpse nostril with turnip vinaigrette accentuated with fricasseed
    diseased body parts, simmered in a randomly twitching skillet chock full of
    canned squares of pepper and parsnip in butter, a side of fruit and a bucket
    of sewage.
    Gazwad, Jan 21, 2005
  20. Alison Applegarth

    Heretic Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:40:37 -0500, Rôgêr wrote:

    > Or they may just look at feelthy pictures and turn out like me.

    So, there is hope for us all. Well, all but one.
    Heretic, Jan 21, 2005