    packets inthe firewall logs.

    ideas?

    , Dec 15, 2005

  2. Guest

    If you define two ports on a switch as protected, they won't talk to
    each other period. If your switch supports it, you want to look into
    private vlans as a replacement for port protection.

    -------------------------
    Scott
    http://tech.scottp.net

    , Dec 15, 2005

  3. Guest

    I am suspecting there is more to it that previously thought. They
    don't talk to each other when neither are protected.

    On a closer inspection, one of the servers was never on a protected
    port anyway.

    I work for a provincial government in Canada. I take whatever
    equipment I can get.

    , Dec 16, 2005