    Daniel Guest

    What are ways to protect my camera (SONY P72) from water damage while
    shooting in a downpour?

    Daniel, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Daniel

    JStONGE123 Guest

    waterproof houseing would be one idea.

    The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow. A nice warm vibratey feeling all
    through your guttiwuts.

    JStONGE123, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Daniel

    x1 Guest

    unists (JStONGE123) wrote in message news:<>...
    > waterproof houseing would be one idea.
    >

    > The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow. A nice warm vibratey feeling all
    > through your guttiwuts.

    Where I live, seems like half the time I'm shooting outdoors, it's raining...
    I have had success with this:

    http://www.shomertec.com/item.cfm?Action=newItems&variable=1164

    I've tried a few different aproaches, this seems to work best.

    x1, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Daniel

    stewy Guest

    Have you tried those new-fangled things called umbrellas?

    stewy, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Daniel

    Graham@work Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > What are ways to protect my camera (SONY P72) from water damage while
    > shooting in a downpour?

    Shelter it under an Olympus E-1?

    Use a supermarket plastic carrier bag, cut a hole for the lens and its uv
    filter, tape it together. Dispose of safely (or chuck it) after use.

    Graham

    Graham@work, Apr 7, 2004
  6. Daniel wrote:
    > What are ways to protect my camera (SONY P72) from water damage while
    > shooting in a downpour?

    I suggest a zip lock freezer bag from the grocery store. Cut a hole for
    the lens and add a UV or clear filer sealed to the hole with tape.

    Cheap and works.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Daniel

    Tom Monego Guest

    Plastic bags, the best being the EWA underwater bags, wonderful things. But a
    runof the mill plastic bag would work, just have a hole cut in it and
    something to hold it to the lens.

    Tom

    In article <>,
    says...

    Tom Monego, Apr 7, 2004
  8. Daniel

    Guest

    Daniel <> wrote:
    > What are ways to protect my camera (SONY P72) from water damage while
    > shooting in a downpour?

    An umbrella works for me.

    , Apr 7, 2004
  9. Daniel