Prospect of MCSE truly frightening

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Julian Ford, Apr 3, 2004.

  1. Julian Ford

    Julian Ford Guest

    Buzzzzzzzz! went my doorbell this morning. I stumbled down stairs to answer
    the door still weary from a late night drinking session. Our posty, a
    female, gave me a wink and handed over the post. This seemed a little
    unusual, but I thought no more of it until I saw a little hand written note
    with a number and 'call me' written on it. Dumbfounded I started to go
    through my post, bills, more bills, junk mail and wait, "what's this" I said
    aloud. A slim A4 box with the beautifully inscribed Microsoft logo. I felt
    my heart rate increase slightly and my cheeks blush a little. I gently slid
    my fingers through the seal and the box opened. I thought I detected a
    slight scented aroma playing in the air and an almost imperceptible scream
    in the distance. My mind raced to decipher the sound and an image of a
    screaming throng sprung to mind.

    And then there it was, my lapel pin. I gently picked it up and held it aloft
    to admire it's beauty. As the morning sunshine came through the window the
    light danced off the highly polished surface. I pinned it on my chest and
    turned to my wife and children who'd just joined me. My wife looked at me
    in a way that she hadn't since the honeymoon night. My son asked if he
    could touch it, but I of course said 'No son, only a man can wear this' and
    strangely for the first time he just accepted this and looked on as though
    in awe.

    I decided that I would go for a little stroll around the town to show off my
    trophy. I dressed smartly wearing my brightest cardigan and my genuine
    leather sandals. I walked to the shed got my bicycle, tucked my trousers
    into my socks, clipped up my helmet and cycled off to town. I looked down
    to gaze at my pin, but it wasn't there, I stopped, panic stricken and
    deflated. But no, it was there still firmly affixed where I had placed it.
    I felt a little guilty, as if Microsoft would ever supply a pin that wasn't
    crafted from quality materials and would fall so easily. I went to mount my
    cycle once more and noticed a group of young ladies gathered around me. I
    smiled a sheepish grin and they giggled. On of them stepped forward and
    asked for my autograph. I agreed quickly and asked where she would like me
    to sign. She slowly clasped the hem of her blouse and began to raise it up.
    She looked at me intently and I felt a small bead of sweat trickle down my
    forehead. I leapt to my saddle and raced down the lane back towards home.
    I arrived home and carefully but quickly wiped down my bicycle before
    locking it securely. I then slipped indoors checking the coast was clear
    first. I removed my pin, placed it into a brown envelope, sealed it and
    wrote in large letters 'not to be worn when dressed up'

    As a result of this day I am reconsidering whether to risk going for an
    MCSE, be warned!
    Julian Ford, Apr 3, 2004

  2. This is way to funny for a geek... You are in the wrong business!

    Stew Basterash, Apr 3, 2004

  3. Julian Ford

    Mike T. Guest

    "Julian Ford" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > And then there it was, my lapel pin. I gently picked it up and held it

    aloft
    > to admire it's beauty. As the morning sunshine came through the window

    the
    > light danced off the highly polished surface. I pinned it on my chest and
    > turned to my wife and children who'd just joined me.

    HINT: Next time, before you pin it to your chest, make sure you're wearing a
    shirt. Ouch.
    Mike T., Apr 3, 2004
  4. Julian Ford

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    you wore that in public? you idiot!

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    -------------------------------
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Julian Ford wrote:
    > Buzzzzzzzz! went my doorbell this morning.

    Nice post, Julian. I see great things in your future.

    Be forewarned, however, that going out in public with the MCNGP lapel pin is
    much like it was for Paul, John, George, and Ringo to go out in public in
    the 60's

    --
    Fris "They love you, yeah, yeah, yeah" bee®

    Certaholics
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 3, 2004
  6. Julian Ford

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Frisbee® <> wrote in

    > Julian Ford wrote:
    >> Buzzzzzzzz! went my doorbell this morning.

    > Nice post, Julian. I see great things in your future.
    >
    > Be forewarned, however, that going out in public with the MCNGP lapel
    > pin is much like it was for Paul, John, George, and Ringo to go out in
    > public in the 60's

    i am thinking of going to this interview, (very small company where i don't
    really want the job), and wearing all my lapel pins. ;-)

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    -------------------------------
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 3, 2004
  7. Yeah... Get yourself a nice blue blazer... not dark blue... more like
    Windows XP desktop blue... then place them all, lined up neatly on your left
    chest area... and get yourself a hat from the military surplus store and
    call yourself General Yates!

    That ought to do it!

    Stew Basterash, Apr 3, 2004
  8. Julian Ford

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    i was going to take out my old dark rimmed glasses from the 80's. put
    tape aroud the nose part. wear a blue sleavless dress shirt with a
    pocket. put a big clunky pocket protector with pens in pocket. and line
    up all the little lapel pins on the other side.

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    -------------------------------
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 3, 2004
  9. Julian Ford

    TechGeekPro Guest

    I never got my lapel pin when I got my MCP. *sniff*

    --
    I may not be fully certified, but I am fully certifiable.

    TechGeekPro, Apr 3, 2004
  10. Julian Ford

    Julian Ford Guest

    Consider yourself very lucky, they're dangerous things. I may not try my
    one on again for some time. Doeas anyone know if Microsoft do logo'd cycle
    clips?

    Julian Ford, Apr 3, 2004
  11. Julian Ford

    Andy Foster Guest

    Didn't think we allowed Scousers in the group?
    ..oO(Kerpal with a Liverpudlian accent)
    Andy Foster, Apr 3, 2004
  12. Julian Ford

    Consultant Guest

    the funny thing is, i actually list mcngp as a cert and as a professional
    association, lol

    Consultant, Apr 5, 2004
  13. > i actually list mcngp as a cert and as a professional
    >association

    because it is real

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 5, 2004
  14. Julian Ford

    kat Guest

    u r right

    --
    Kat FORMER MCNGP #29

    /* Get the facts first. You can distort them later. */
    kat, Apr 5, 2004
  15. Julian Ford

    JaR Guest

    Consultant opined, On 4/5/04 7:12 AM:

    > the funny thing is, i actually list mcngp as a cert and as a professional
    > association, lol

    What's funny about that? Don't we all?

    JaR
    Thug XXII