    The hardive "unsaved/burnt" version seems to be far sharper than the
    burnt version played back in say Windows media player

    Thank you
    Richard, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Richard

    Guest

    I am using a piece of software for making DVD slideshow with
    transitions & music e.t.c. (i.e. by creating an mpeg file). It's called
    Photo2DVD, Just have a try and see if it will do what you want.
    , Jun 8, 2005

  3. Richard

    Mark² Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me if there is a loss of quality when burning a
    > slideshow onto disc when compared to viewing it on the hard drive.
    >
    > The hardive "unsaved/burnt" version seems to be far sharper than the
    > burnt version played back in say Windows media player
    >
    > Thank you

    What you are seeing is simply the far less detailed rendition of the video
    file created...in combination with the fuzzy rendition you get on a
    computer-based DVD showing.
    Interestingly, your show (assuming you burned to DVD) will look FAR better
    when viewed on a standard television set, as opposed to viewing the DVD via
    your computer and Windows Media Player. Try it. If you've included
    motion/panning/zooming effects with ProShow Gold, you'll be impressed with
    TV renditions.

    I have distributed large numbers of ProShow Gold-created DVDs as a product
    for large group slide shows. When I do that, I always recommend AGAINST
    iewing it on a computer...opting instead for DVD TV playback.

    The other possilibility: If you're viewing your show full-screen on an LCD
    monitor, it will suffer some blur due to it's attempt to play a video file
    whose resolution doesn't match the LCDs native resolution (LCD monitors only
    look their best at a single resolution setting...anything else will look
    fuzzy, or what I call "cartoonized.")

    Assuming you have a powerful enough computer, you can get excellent and
    clear results by creating .exe files in ProShow Gold. The only trouble is
    that unless one has a serious system with strong video capabilities, large
    image files will bog down most systems.

    This is why the TV-based DVD continues to be the best option.
    ProShow Gold is BY FAR the best, in my opinion, for creating still-image
    presentations that have the same appeal as those famous Civil War
    documentaries on PBS.

    Many of my shows have left a great many people crying (good kind), because
    the effect of good images...good music...and a creative "story in pictures"
    is powerful indeed.

    -Mark
    Mark², Jun 8, 2005
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Mark

    Thank you so much for your help, and taking the time to reply. Your
    comments have been a great help. Much apreciated
    Richard, Jun 12, 2005