ProShow Gold Questions

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul Furman, Sep 12, 2007.

  1. Paul Furman

    Paul Furman Guest

    BRH wrote:
    > My newreader doesn't seem to be cooperating today, so I apologize if
    > this is a double- or even triple-post.
    >
    > I have a few questions about ProShow Gold. I hope that this is an
    > appropriate NG/Forum. If not, I'd appreciate being steered to a more
    > appropriate one.
    >
    > 1. I just continued work on an in-progress slideshow project that I had
    > set aside a few months ago. When I burn it to DVD the Title Page shows
    > the title of the last slideshow that I created - not this one.
    > Apparently, instead of starting a new show from scratch, I had simply
    > edited an existing slideshow and did a SAVE AS a few months ago
    > (keeping the original title screen.) How can I edit the DVD Title
    > Screen to display the correct information that I want?
    >
    > 2. How do I place an audiofile onto the slideshow's soundtrack,
    > beginning at a precise location (say...Slide 15) and ending at a precise
    > location (ie - Slide 30)? Every time I place an audiofile onto the
    > soundtrack, it either moves it to the very beginning of the show (if
    > it's the first audio file) or immediately after the preceding audio
    > file. Is there some kind of default setting that I need to change?

    I've only used windows moviemaker but you might try a small blank wav
    file and stretch that out to fill the leading gap.

    > 3. I started working on this slideshow on my desktop computer. I would
    > like to complete working on it using my laptop computer. How can I
    > transfer it to the laptop intact? Do I need to copy the photo and audio
    > files that are already in the show, as well? (Yes, I do have ProShow
    > Gold on both computers.)

    It probably stores the exact path to the source files so should work if
    that's identical.

    --
    Paul Furman Photography
    http://edgehill.net

    BRH, Sep 12, 2007

  3. Paul Furman

    Colin_D Guest

    BRH wrote:
    > My newreader doesn't seem to be cooperating today, so I apologize if
    > this is a double- or even triple-post.
    >
    > I have a few questions about ProShow Gold. I hope that this is an
    > appropriate NG/Forum. If not, I'd appreciate being steered to a more
    > appropriate one.
    >
    > 1. I just continued work on an in-progress slideshow project that I had
    > set aside a few months ago. When I burn it to DVD the Title Page shows
    > the title of the last slideshow that I created - not this one.
    > Apparently, instead of starting a new show from scratch, I had simply
    > edited an existing slideshow and did a SAVE AS a few months ago
    > (keeping the original title screen.) How can I edit the DVD Title
    > Screen to display the correct information that I want?
    >
    > 2. How do I place an audiofile onto the slideshow's soundtrack,
    > beginning at a precise location (say...Slide 15) and ending at a precise
    > location (ie - Slide 30)? Every time I place an audiofile onto the
    > soundtrack, it either moves it to the very beginning of the show (if
    > it's the first audio file) or immediately after the preceding audio
    > file. Is there some kind of default setting that I need to change?
    >
    > 3. I started working on this slideshow on my desktop computer. I would
    > like to complete working on it using my laptop computer. How can I
    > transfer it to the laptop intact? Do I need to copy the photo and audio
    > files that are already in the show, as well? (Yes, I do have ProShow
    > Gold on both computers.)
    >
    > Any help with these questions would be appreciated as ProShow Gold's
    > Help System and Manual aren't very specific (at least not enough for me)
    > in these areas.
    >
    > Thanks!

    You can join a Proshow forum where you can get answers to your
    questions, at:

    http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/

    Colin D.

    Colin_D, Sep 17, 2007