    --
    Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
    http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes, Dec 18, 2006

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Mike Fields Guest

    "Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    >I have been using ProShow Gold ver 2.x for a year, and now 3.0 is out.
    > friend of my called me yesterday and told me that ver 3.0 will not be
    > able
    > to read older project (created by 2.x).
    >
    > I have not tested this. Anybod that can fonfirm og deny this?
    >
    > BTW, will my licence for 2.x (that I got 10 months ago) still work on
    > 3.0?
    > Thankx
    > --
    > Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
    > http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/Foto/

    Go to the photodex site -- Your 1 year of upgrades will include
    version 3.0 http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

    One of the better places for much more information on both
    ProShow Gold AND Proshow Producer is the "itsmygallery" forum
    at http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/index.php Both PSG and PSP
    are supported there with lots of good information. From what I
    have heard, most of the 2.6 stuff seems to work in 3.0, but once
    you save in 3.0, you can not open the show in 2.6 There have
    also been a number of comments from people who have run both
    2.6 and 3.0 on their machines at the same time (you just install
    into different directories). There is also a Yahoo support group
    for the Proshow stuff as well (with many of the same people).

    mikey
    Mike Fields, Dec 19, 2006

  3. Mike Fields wrote:
    > Go to the photodex site -- Your 1 year of upgrades will include
    > version 3.0 http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

    Nice :)

    > One of the better places for much more information on both
    > ProShow Gold AND Proshow Producer is the "itsmygallery" forum
    > at http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/index.php Both PSG and PSP
    > are supported there with lots of good information. From what I
    > have heard, most of the 2.6 stuff seems to work in 3.0, but once
    > you save in 3.0, you can not open the show in 2.6 There have
    > also been a number of comments from people who have run both
    > 2.6 and 3.0 on their machines at the same time (you just install
    > into different directories). There is also a Yahoo support group
    > for the Proshow stuff as well (with many of the same people).

    Thanks for the link. Very usefull.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes, Dec 19, 2006
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Mark B. Guest

    >I have been using ProShow Gold ver 2.x for a year, and now 3.0 is out. A
    > friend of my called me yesterday and told me that ver 3.0 will not be able
    > to read older project (created by 2.x).
    >
    > I have not tested this. Anybod that can fonfirm og deny this?

    Your friend has it backwards - 3.0 can read my 2.6 files just find, but the
    older version may not be able to read files saved on 3.0.

    > BTW, will my licence for 2.x (that I got 10 months ago) still work on 3.0?

    Yes, the license is good for a year.

    Mark
    Mark B., Dec 23, 2006
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rn?= Dahl-Stamnes

    Mike Fields Guest

    "Mark B." <> wrote in message

    > "Jørn Dahl-Stamnes" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >>I have been using ProShow Gold ver 2.x for a year, and now 3.0 is out.
    >> friend of my called me yesterday and told me that ver 3.0 will not be
    >> able
    >> to read older project (created by 2.x).
    >>
    >> I have not tested this. Anybod that can fonfirm og deny this?
    >>

    > Your friend has it backwards - 3.0 can read my 2.6 files just find,
    > but the older version may not be able to read files saved on 3.0.
    >

    >> BTW, will my licence for 2.x (that I got 10 months ago) still work on
    >> 3.0?

    > Yes, the license is good for a year.
    >
    > Mark

    There were some issues according to reports in the proshow forums
    with reading and/or correctly handling 2.6 stuff in version 3, but
    as of the latest build (1897 - 23-DEC I think), that issue looks like
    it has been mostly resolved.

    mikey
    Mike Fields, Dec 24, 2006