    BTW, here is a link to one of those batteries:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3826162445&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT

    It's Mr. Rather B. Beachen to you

    Mr. Rather B. Beachen, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Mr. Rather B. Beachen

    Ron G Guest

    Re: proprietary Li-ION battery for Olympus C-50. Should I buy nonOlympus?

    You've spent hundreds of dollars on a beautiful camera. Don't take a
    chance on an e-Bay battery that is so cheap. By reputation, they are a
    crap shoot. Spend the extra $30 and be safe. Several years ago I bought
    an Oly with NiMh batteries and charger and the quality of both was very
    high. Remember, Li-ION batteries have very complex charging circuits.
    You don't want to take chances on getting an el cheapo bummer.

    Ron G, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Mr. Rather B. Beachen

    Vic Dura Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:11:09 -0700, RE: proprietary Li-ION battery
    for Olympus C-50. Should I buy non Olympus? Mr. Rather B. Beachen
    <> wrote:

    >I just bought the Olympus C-50. It comes with a proprietary Li-ION
    >battery. I've noticed that ebay has "compatible " Lithium batteries.
    >Are they any good and if so, how do you pick the good from the bad?
    >The Olympus battery goes for around $35.00 at internet/mailorder
    >stores. The ones on ebay (the cheap ones, that is), goes for around
    >$5.00.

    Stick with the Oly. The $5.00 cheapie may ruin your camera.

    --
    To reply to me directly, remove the XXX characters from my email address.
    Vic Dura, Jul 9, 2004
  4. http://sterlingtek.com/ollibapaeq1.html

    Steven M. Scharf, Jul 11, 2004