    their OSes worked? Complete with source listings? Without making you sign
    NDAs, or agree to patent licences, or any nonsense like that?

    <http://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/vax/vms/training/>
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 5, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Squiggle Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > How many proprietary OS vendors published books on the internals of how
    > their OSes worked? Complete with source listings? Without making you sign
    > NDAs, or agree to patent licences, or any nonsense like that?
    >
    > <http://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/vax/vms/training/>

    add uCOS/II written by Jean Labrosse to the list.
    Squiggle, Dec 6, 2009

  3. In message <4b1af89f$>, Squiggle wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    >
    >> How many proprietary OS vendors published books on the internals of how
    >> their OSes worked? Complete with source listings? Without making you sign
    >> NDAs, or agree to patent licences, or any nonsense like that?
    >>
    >> <http://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/vax/vms/training/>
    >>

    > add uCOS/II written by Jean Labrosse to the list.

    Is there documentation or software archived at sites like Bitsavers?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 15, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Squiggle Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > In message <4b1af89f$>, Squiggle wrote:
    >

    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    >>

    >>> How many proprietary OS vendors published books on the internals of how
    >>> their OSes worked? Complete with source listings? Without making you sign
    >>> NDAs, or agree to patent licences, or any nonsense like that?
    >>>
    >>> <http://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/vax/vms/training/>
    >>>

    >> add uCOS/II written by Jean Labrosse to the list.
    >>

    > Is there documentation or software archived at sites like Bitsavers?

    Better yet, documentation, software & hardware at Amazon.com (for
    u/COS-III)

    <http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Preemptive-Multitasking-Microprocessors-Microcontrollers/dp/0982337531/>

    Looks like my credit card is about to get abused again early next year...
    Squiggle, Dec 15, 2009
  5. In message <4b2778c3$>, Squiggle wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    >
    >> In message <4b1af89f$>, Squiggle wrote:
    >>
    >>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down the intarwebs:

    >> Is there documentation or software archived at sites like Bitsavers?
    >>

    > Better yet, documentation, software & hardware at Amazon.com (for
    > u/COS-III)
    >
    > <http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Preemptive-Multitasking-

    Microprocessors-Microcontrollers/dp/0982337531/>

    > Looks like my credit card is about to get abused again early next year...

    Call that “better yet�
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 15, 2009
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Squiggle Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > In message <4b2778c3$>, Squiggle wrote:
    >

    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down the intarwebs:

    >>> Is there documentation or software archived at sites like Bitsavers?
    >>>

    >> Better yet, documentation, software & hardware at Amazon.com (for
    >> u/COS-III)
    >>
    >> <http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Preemptive-Multitasking-
    >>

    > Microprocessors-Microcontrollers/dp/0982337531/>
    >
    >> Looks like my credit card is about to get abused again early next year...
    >>

    > Call that “better yet�

    Yes, I do, a current successful commercial highly certified RTOS with a
    several
    hundred page chunk of treeware, and a 32bit Arm-Cortex development board
    with Ethernet/USB-otg/CAN etc for US$200? I call that a pretty good deal.

    First you try to move the goal posts by adding the "archived at
    bit-savers" requirement,
    then you try to sidestep when I point out it does have source listings
    and documentation
    easily accessible.. About what we expect from Cupapee, thought you were
    better than that.

    And no, its not archived on bitsavers, and probaby never will be unless
    they change their
    goals : "Would you like to help bitsavers? We're looking for
    documentation and software
    for minicomputers and mainframes, from the 50's to the 80's."

    Note also, it is a current product, not a 20 year out of date system
    like the VMS stuff
    you linked to. Maybe in 20 years Jean Labrosse will give permission
    for uC/OS-III to be
    released and published. Or maybe not. So long as there are embedded
    devices programmed
    in C his code his likely to be a viable product. At least until we get
    to quantum
    computing.
    Squiggle, Dec 16, 2009
  7. In message <4b284507$>, Squiggle wrote:

    > First you try to move the goal posts by adding the "archived at
    > bit-savers" requirement ...

    Bit hard to claim that when it was in my very first posting in this thread.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 16, 2009
  8. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Squiggle Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > In message <4b284507$>, Squiggle wrote:
    >

    >> First you try to move the goal posts by adding the "archived at
    >> bit-savers" requirement ...
    >>

    > Bit hard to claim that when it was in my very first posting in this thread.

    Nice snippage, backpedal much?

    I'll take that to mean you have no rebuttal for the rest of my posting.

    And back to the original post:
    "How many proprietary OS vendors published books on the internals of how

    their OSes worked? Complete with source listings? Without making you sign
    NDAs, or agree to patent licences, or any nonsense like that?"

    If the bitsavers link was intended to be the main point of the
    posting it should have read:
    "How many proprietary mini-computer and main-frame OS vendors from the
    50's to the 80's published books on the internals of how their OSes
    worked? Complete with source listings? Without making you sign NDAs,
    or agree to patent licences, or any nonsense like that?"

    Anything else is outside the stated area of interest of bitsavers.

    And the answer would have been the deathly silence that usually
    follows one of you posts, because, frankly, who gives a shit.
    Squiggle, Dec 16, 2009