Prophet Muhammad the last Messenger in the Bible

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by dawa-dawa, Feb 23, 2008.

  1. dawa-dawa

    dawa-dawa Guest

    Prophet Muhammad the last Messenger in the Bible
    http://www.islamhouse.com/p/51912
    What the Bible Says About Muhammad
    http://www.islamhouse.com/p/53040
    According to the Bible, God said to Moses, on whom be peace: I will
    raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will
    put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command
    him. (The Holy Bible, New International Version, Deuteronomy chapter
    18, verse 18). The prophet described in the above verse must have the
    following three characteristics: 1. He will be like Moses. 2. He will
    come from the brothers of the Israelites, i.e. the Ishmaelites. 3. God
    will put His words in the mouth of the prophet and he will declare
    what God commanded him. Let us see which prophet God was speaking of.
    1. The prophet like Moses Some people feel that this prophecy refers
    to the prophet Jesus, on whom be peace. But, although Jesus (peace be
    upon him and all of God's prophets and messengers) was truly a prophet
    of God, he is not the prophet spoken of here. He was born
    miraculously, and finally God raised him up miraculously. On the other
    hand, Muhammad is more like Moses; both were born in a natural way and
    both died natural deaths.
    2. From among the Ishmaelites Abraham had two sons, Ishmael and Isaac
    (Genesis, chapter 21). Ishmael became the grandfather of the Arab
    nation. And Isaac became the grandfather of Jewish nation. The prophet
    spoken of was to come not from among the Jews themselves, but from
    among their brothers, the Ishmaelites. Muhammad a descendant of
    Ishmael, is indeed that prophet. 3. God will put his words in his
    mouth 'Neither the content of the revelation, nor its form, were of
    Muhammad's devising. Both were given by the angel, and Muhammad's task
    was only to repeat what he heard.' (Word Religions from Ancient
    history to the Present, by Geoffrey Parrinder, p. 472). God sent the
    angel Gabriel to teach Muhammad the exact words that he should repeat
    to the people. The words are therefore not his own; they did not come
    from his own thoughts, but were put into his mouth by the angel. These
    are written down in the Qur'an word for word, exactly as they came
    from God. Now that we know that prophet we must listen to him, for,
    according to the Bible, God says: 'I will punish anyone who refuses to
    obey him' (Good News Bible, Deut. 18:19). Jesus (on whom be peace) In
    the Glorious Qur'an The Qur'an tells us many wonderful things about
    Jesus. As a result, believers in the Qur'an love Jesus, honor him and
    believe in him. In fact, no Muslim can be a Muslim unless he or she
    believes in Jesus, on whom be peace. The Qur'an says that Jesus was
    born of a virgin, that he spoke while he was still only a baby, that
    he healed the blind and the leper by God's leave and that he raised
    the dead by God's leave. What then is the significance of these
    miracles? First, the virgin birth. God demonstrates His power to
    create in every way. God created everyone we know from a man and a
    woman. But how about Adam, on whom be peace? God created him from
    neither a man nor a woman. And Eve from only a man, without a woman.
    And finally, to complete the picture, God created Jesus from a woman,
    without a man. What about the other miracles? These were to show that
    Jesus was not acting on his own behalf, but that he was backed by God.
    The Qur'an specifies that these miracles were performed by God's
    leave. This may be compared to the Book of Acts in the Bible, chapter
    2, verse 22, where it says that the miracles were done by God to show
    that he approved of Jesus. Also, note that Jesus himself is recorded
    in the Gospel of John to have said: 'I can do nothing of my own
    authority' (5:30). The miracles, therefore, were done not by his own
    authority, but by God's authority. What did Jesus teach? The Qur'an
    tells us that Jesus came to teach the same basic message which was
    taught by previous prophets from God - that we must shun every false
    god and worship only the One True God. Jesus taught that he is the
    servant and messenger of the One True God, the God of Abraham. These
    Qur'anic teachings can be compared with the Bible (Mark 10:18; Matthew
    26:39; John 14:28, 17:3, and 20:17) where Jesus teaches that the one
    he worshipped is the only true God. See also Matthew 12:18; Acts 3:13,
    and 4:27 where we find that his disciples knew him as 'Servant of
    God'. The Qur'an tells us that some of the Israelites rejected Jesus,
    and conspired to kill him, but God rescued Jesus and raised him to
    Himself. God will cause Jesus to descend again, at which time Jesus
    will confirm his true teachings and everyone will believe in him as he
    is and as the Qur'an teaches about him. Jesus is the Messiah. He is a
    word from God, and a spirit from Him. He is honored in this world and
    in the hereafter, and he is one of those brought nearest to God. Jesus
    was a man who spoke the truth which he heard from God. This can be
    compared with the Gospel According John where Jesus says to the
    Israelites: 'You are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the
    truth that I heard from God' (John 8:40).

    dawa-dawa, Feb 23, 2008

  2. dawa-dawa

    Lookout Guest

    Lookout, Feb 24, 2008

  3. dawa-dawa

    ProfGene Guest

    dawa-dawa wrote:
> [...]
    > he worshipped is the only true God. See also Matthew 12:18; Acts 3:13,
    > and 4:27 where we find that his disciples knew him as 'Servant of
    > God'. The Qur'an tells us that some of the Israelites rejected Jesus,
    > and conspired to kill him, but God rescued Jesus and raised him to
    > Himself. God will cause Jesus to descend again, at which time Jesus
    > will confirm his true teachings and everyone will believe in him as he
    > is and as the Qur'an teaches about him. Jesus is the Messiah. He is a
    > word from God, and a spirit from Him. He is honored in this world and
    > in the hereafter, and he is one of those brought nearest to God. Jesus
    > was a man who spoke the truth which he heard from God. This can be
    > compared with the Gospel According John where Jesus says to the
    > Israelites: 'You are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the
    > truth that I heard from God' (John 8:40).

    Moses lived to be 120 and Muhammad only 63. Moses performed many
    miracles and Muhammad performed none. Moses spoke directly to God and
    Muhammad supposedly to the Angel Gabriel whom he first thought was the
    Devil until his wife convinced him it was an angel. Moses freed his
    people using the powers of God to persuade Pharaoh to set his people
    free. Muhammad took up arms to lead his people. Moses brought his people
    the Ten Commandments and Muhammad broke most of those commandments.

    ProfGene, Feb 26, 2008
  4. dawa-dawa

    Guest

    ProfGene <> wrote:

    >Moses lived to be 120 and Muhammad only 63.

    which is more likely?

    > Moses spoke directly to God

    god told Moses what he wanted to hear I bet.
    --

    What do you see?
    http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=16265

    , Feb 26, 2008
  5. dawa-dawa

    Lookout Guest

    On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:28:14 -0600, ProfGene <> wrote:

> [...]
    >> word from God, and a spirit from Him. He is honored in this world and
    >> in the hereafter, and he is one of those brought nearest to God. Jesus
    >> was a man who spoke the truth which he heard from God. This can be
    >> compared with the Gospel According John where Jesus says to the
    >> Israelites: 'You are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the
    >> truth that I heard from God' (John 8:40).

    >Moses lived to be 120 and Muhammad only 63. Moses performed many
    >miracles and Muhammad performed none. Moses spoke directly to God and
    >Muhammad supposedly to the Angel Gabriel whom he first thought was the
    >Devil until his wife convinced him it was an angel. Moses freed his
    >people using the powers of God to persuade Pharaoh to set his people
    >free. Muhammad took up arms to lead his people. Moses brought his people
    >the Ten Commandments and Muhammad broke most of those commandments.

    Bullshit. No one has ever performed a miracle. Only and idiot believes
    that crap.

    Lookout, Feb 26, 2008
  6. dawa-dawa

    catchme Guest

    wrote:
    > ProfGene <> wrote:
    >
    >> Moses lived to be 120 and Muhammad only 63.

    > which is more likely?

    Moses lived in an earlier time, when the years were shorter.
    I think that Muhammed was born sometime between Augustus and Octavius
    Caesar, and certainly before Julius.
    Therefore, at least one month- but not 3- would have been added to the
    Calendar of Moses (each of the Caesars- Augustus, Octavius, and Julius,
    would add their own months August, October, and July- to the Calendar,
    prior to the modern Gregorian Calendar).
    I think that the calendar of Moses would have been roughly similiar to
    the old Persian Calendar (still followed culturally, today).

    catchme, Feb 27, 2008
  7. catchme wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> ProfGene <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moses lived to be 120 and Muhammad only 63.

    >> which is more likely?
    >>

    > Moses lived in an earlier time, when the years were shorter.

    That was "yearlight saving time". Every April and October they'd set
    their calendars a couple months forward or backward...

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 27, 2008
  8. dawa-dawa

    Guest

    catchme <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> ProfGene <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moses lived to be 120 and Muhammad only 63.

    >> which is more likely?

    >Moses lived in an earlier time, when the years were shorter.
    >I think that Muhammed was born sometime between Augustus and Octavius
    >Caesar, and certainly before Julius.
    >Therefore, at least one month- but not 3- would have been added to the
    >Calendar of Moses (each of the Caesars- Augustus, Octavius, and Julius,
    >would add their own months August, October, and July- to the Calendar,
    >prior to the modern Gregorian Calendar).
    >I think that the calendar of Moses would have been roughly similiar to
    >the old Persian Calendar (still followed culturally, today).

    And that's how you justify these religious figures living so long?

    " this makes it more accurate than the Gregorian Calendar"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_calendar

    --

    Sad aftermath of UK earthquake
    http://tinyurl.com/yt8lgs

    , Feb 27, 2008
  9. dawa-dawa

    Lookout Guest

    On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:48:00 -0800, wrote:

    > catchme <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>> which is more likely?

    >>Moses lived in an earlier time, when the years were shorter.
    >>I think that Muhammed was born sometime between Augustus and Octavius
    >>Caesar, and certainly before Julius.
    >>Therefore, at least one month- but not 3- would have been added to the
    >>Calendar of Moses (each of the Caesars- Augustus, Octavius, and Julius,
    >>would add their own months August, October, and July- to the Calendar,
    >>prior to the modern Gregorian Calendar).
    >>I think that the calendar of Moses would have been roughly similiar to
    >>the old Persian Calendar (still followed culturally, today).

    >And that's how you justify these religious figures living so long?
    >
    >" this makes it more accurate than the Gregorian Calendar"
    >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_calendar

    They didn't live that long because it's a fairy tale.

    Lookout, Feb 28, 2008
  10. dawa-dawa

    catchme Guest

    wrote:
    > catchme <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>> which is more likely?

    >> Moses lived in an earlier time, when the years were shorter.
    >> I think that Muhammed was born sometime between Augustus and Octavius
    >> Caesar, and certainly before Julius.
    >> Therefore, at least one month- but not 3- would have been added to the
    >> Calendar of Moses (each of the Caesars- Augustus, Octavius, and Julius,
    >> would add their own months August, October, and July- to the Calendar,
    >> prior to the modern Gregorian Calendar).
    >> I think that the calendar of Moses would have been roughly similiar to
    >> the old Persian Calendar (still followed culturally, today).

    > And that's how you justify these religious figures living so long?
    >
    > " this makes it more accurate than the Gregorian Calendar"
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_calendar

    the jewish calendar at least, seemed to be very inaccurate, so likely
    accounting for Moses' longevity, and yet increasingly shorter lifespans
    accounted in "Numbers, Deutronomy" during Babylonian rule.
    its likely that prior to reformation (many of the oldest calendars
    started off wildly inaccurate, based upon theology or agriculture,
    rather than lunar or solar- and only later consideration would see an
    evolution where improvements would be made in the course of time), the
    Persian calendar was as well, as both Cultures had similiar history (see
    Abraham, Ibrihim).
    What made the Julian calendar interesting is that it was the most
    accurate in its time, in the European Continent (saving the Mayan
    calendar for later discussion)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_calendar

    catchme, Feb 28, 2008