    I've got the 1.0.2 Setup.exe ... should I uninstall 1.0 first?

    Aside from the generic "have a recent backup handy just in case" do I
    need to save any specific directories or files before I start the upgrade?
    Z, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Z

    fety Guest

    Z wrote:
    > What's the proper way to perform the upgrade from Thunderbird 1.0 to
    > Thunderbird 1.0.2?
    >
    > I've got the 1.0.2 Setup.exe ... should I uninstall 1.0 first?
    >
    > Aside from the generic "have a recent backup handy just in case" do I
    > need to save any specific directories or files before I start the upgrade?

    It is generally a good idea to uninstall the old one first and then
    install 1.0.1

    Your profiles and such will be okay as they are not uninstalled though I
    always make a backup of them anyway.
    fety, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Z

    Z Guest

    fety wrote:
    > Z wrote:
    >
    >> What's the proper way to perform the upgrade from Thunderbird 1.0 to
    >> Thunderbird 1.0.2?
    >>
    >> I've got the 1.0.2 Setup.exe ... should I uninstall 1.0 first?
    >>
    >> Aside from the generic "have a recent backup handy just in case" do I
    >> need to save any specific directories or files before I start the
    >> upgrade?

    > It is generally a good idea to uninstall the old one first and then
    > install 1.0.1
    >
    > Your profiles and such will be okay as they are not uninstalled though I
    > always make a backup of them anyway.

    It was painless ...

    Add/Remove Programs to get rid of Thunderbird 1.0. The uninstaller
    informed me that some files in the tree were not deleted (good!) and
    asked me if I wanted to completely remove the tree (no!).

    Then installed Thunderbird 1.0.2 and everything was fine.

    All mail, newsgroups, settings etc. were still there.
    Z, Mar 27, 2005