    and an IGRP network, they both have the same AS number. I need to
    propagate a 0.0.0.0 route from the EIGRP network into the IGRP network.
    I can't think of any way to do this, any help would be appreciated.

    jdillman, Apr 27, 2006

  2. jdillman

    Merv Guest

    Did you try the "ip default-network" command ?

    Merv, Apr 27, 2006

  3. jdillman

    jdillman Guest

    Yes, we tried to use ip default-network but that didn't work. We still
    were unable to propagate a Gateway of Last resort into the IGRP network.

    jdillman, Apr 27, 2006
  4. jdillman

    Merv Guest

    Actually to get the desired result, you will need to redistribute
    default into EIGRP first.

    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <next hop>

    router eigrp 1
    redistribute static
    exit

    Merv, Apr 27, 2006
  5. jdillman

    jdillman Guest

    We have the "redistribute static" in our eigrp config. Other routers in
    the eigrp AS have the default route, we just can't get it to propagate
    the default route into IGRP.

    jdillman, Apr 27, 2006
  6. Some router in that network must be running both EIGRP and IGRP. On
    that router, you will need to redistribute the OSPF routers into IGRP
    routes.

    router igrp 100
    network w.y.y.z
    redistribute ospf 100

    EIGRP has a better admin distance than IGRP, so you might want to take
    the extra step of either adding in a distribute-list so only the
    default route is sent via igrp, or tune the distances with the distance
    command.

    Mark Williams, Apr 27, 2006
  7. jdillman

    jdillman Guest

    We do have a router that is running both EIGRP and IGRP and they are in
    the same AS. The normal routes are seen across the network, only the
    default route is not distributed to the IGRP network. All interfaces in
    the EIGRP network can be pinged from the IGRP network, except for the
    default routes destination. Yet, the EIGRP network can ping the default
    route destination. FYI, the destination is pointing to a simulated ISP,
    thus it doesn't have a routing protocol.

    jdillman, Apr 27, 2006
  8. jdillman

    jdillman Guest

    We figured out what the problem was. We were using "ip
    default-network" incorrectly, we had the wrong network plugged in.
    Also our static route that was allowing the "ISP" to reply was not set
    to include the networks that we were testing from. Thankyou everyone
    for all of your help.

    jdillman, Apr 27, 2006
  9. jdillman

    Merv Guest

    jdillman wrote:
    > We figured out what the problem was. We were using "ip
    > default-network" incorrectly, we had the wrong network plugged in.

    Is the router where the ip default-network command different from the
    router where you are running both the EIGRP and IGRP routing process ?

    Merv, Apr 27, 2006