Proof Most Customers Do NOT Want Blu-Ray/HD DVD!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Black Locust, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. Black Locust

    Black Locust Guest

    Came across this at imdb.com. Especially take notice of the fact that
    only a measily 6.1% of the voters actually care about better picture
    quality! *laughs*

    Would you replace your DVD of a title if a High Definition (HD) DVD
    version came out?

    Votes

    No, I don't see the need
    7254(51.0%)

    No, I'm gonna wait 'til they decide on the format to use
    3417(24.0%)

    Yes, if the price was right
    1577(11.1%)

    Yes, if there were more special features
    1099(7.7%)

    Yes, if the picture was better
    873(6.1%)

    A total of 14220 votes were collected.

    Sorry Allan..

    Black Locust, Jan 26, 2006

  2. In article <>, Black
    Locust <> wrote:

    >Came across this at imdb.com. Especially take notice of the fact
    >that only a measily 6.1% of the voters actually care about better
    >picture quality! *laughs*

    >Would you replace your DVD of a title if a High Definition (HD) DVD
    >version came out?

    >Votes

    >No, I don't see the need
    >7254(51.0%)

    And the question itself sort of skews the outcome does it not?

    Shouldn't it be more like this:
    When a new movie is released on both DVD and HD which would you
    buy?

    Second question would be along the lines of why, and the 3rd
    about cost.

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Feb 4, 2006