    up 3 times saying that scripts are usually safe, do you want to run scripts
    on this page? Where do I find the check boxes to make it work without the
    popup window?
    George, Nov 11, 2007

  2. George wrote:

    > My girlfriend has a prompt that pops up when she tries to use IE6. It
    > comes up 3 times saying that scripts are usually safe, do you want to
    > run scripts on this page? Where do I find the check boxes to make it
    > work without the popup window?

    Tools > Internet Options > Security tab
    Select Internet Zone
    Click Custom Level
    Scroll down to "Active Scripting" near the end
    Tick the radio button for "Enable" instead of "Prompt"

    However, having it set to "Prompt" allows a measure of security,
    especially when you visit dubious sites. You can answer "No."

    That said, does she have the options for ActiveX set to "Disable" ? This
    would be a Good Thingâ„¢.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 11, 2007

  3. George

    George Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > George wrote:
    >
    >> My girlfriend has a prompt that pops up when she tries to use IE6.
    >> It comes up 3 times saying that scripts are usually safe, do you
    >> want to run scripts on this page? Where do I find the check boxes
    >> to make it work without the popup window?

    > Tools > Internet Options > Security tab
    > Select Internet Zone
    > Click Custom Level
    > Scroll down to "Active Scripting" near the end
    > Tick the radio button for "Enable" instead of "Prompt"
    >
    > However, having it set to "Prompt" allows a measure of security,
    > especially when you visit dubious sites. You can answer "No."
    >
    > That said, does she have the options for ActiveX set to "Disable" ?
    > This would be a Good ThingT.

    That fixed it - thanks!
    George, Nov 11, 2007