    in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain Controller to a
    Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
    Please specify it in steps.

    Abaaseen, Jan 15, 2009

  2. Abaaseen

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day <> did cause the

    > If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain
    > Controller in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain
    > Controller to a Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
    > Please specify it in steps.

    You really haven't provided a lot of information. For example, what
    version of windows are you running? If its beyond NT, there is no BDC
    and PDC. Never mind what an ADC is, or is that ACDC? Yes... your domain
    could be on the Highway to Hell.

    This group is supposed to be for IT professionals studying to get their
    MCSE certification. So we don't hand hold here as much. Having said
    that, I think what you need to do is check google on how to transfer
    roles.

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Jan 15, 2009

  3. Abaaseen

    Frisbee® Guest

    TBone wrote:
    > And on the eigth day <> did cause
    > the electrons to come together and form the following words:
    >
    >> If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain
    >> Controller in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain
    >> Controller to a Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
    >> Please specify it in steps.

    > You really haven't provided a lot of information. For example, what
    > version of windows are you running? If its beyond NT, there is no BDC
    > and PDC. Never mind what an ADC is, or is that ACDC? Yes... your
    > domain could be on the Highway to Hell.
    >
    > This group is supposed to be for IT professionals studying to get
    > their MCSE certification. So we don't hand hold here as much. Having
    > said that, I think what you need to do is check google on how to
    > transfer roles.

    Or perhaps he should refer to his own link of downloadable crap that he
    offered another poster in here.

    Frisbee®, Jan 15, 2009
  4. Abaaseen

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Give my regards to 1996

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 02:48:01 -0800, Abaaseen
    <> wrote:

    >If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain Controller
    >in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain Controller to a
    >Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
    >Please specify it in steps.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 15, 2009
  5. Abaaseen

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >TBone wrote:
    >> And on the eigth day <> did cause
    >> the electrons to come together and form the following words:
    >>
    >>> If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain
    >>> Controller in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain
    >>> Controller to a Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
    >>> Please specify it in steps.

    >> You really haven't provided a lot of information. For example, what
    >> version of windows are you running? If its beyond NT, there is no BDC
    >> and PDC. Never mind what an ADC is, or is that ACDC? Yes... your
    >> domain could be on the Highway to Hell.
    >>
    >> This group is supposed to be for IT professionals studying to get
    >> their MCSE certification. So we don't hand hold here as much. Having
    >> said that, I think what you need to do is check google on how to
    >> transfer roles.

    >Or perhaps he should refer to his own link of downloadable crap that he
    >offered another poster in here.

    is that the up, down & across site?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 15, 2009
  6. Abaaseen

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Jan 15, 2009
  7. Abaaseen

    Abaaseen Guest

    Re: Promotion of Additional Domain Controller to a Domain Controll

    ADC means: A for Additional
    D for Domain,
    and C for Controller,
    Hope that you will understand it now that what does it mean.
    and suppose that I am running Windows Server 2003 on both
    i-e Domain Controller and Additional Domain Controller.

    Abaaseen, Jan 18, 2009
  8. Abaaseen

    TBone Guest

    Re: Promotion of Additional Domain Controller to a Domain Controll

    And on the eigth day <> did cause the

    What I think you are not understanding is there is no such thing as an

    A for Additional
    D for Domain,
    C for Controller,

    In Windows Server 2003, all domain controllers (DC) are just that. There is
    no "backup" DC or "additional" DC. What can differ between them is their
    roles. If you want to protect yourself from one of the DCs failing, google
    on transferring roles like I said to do in my previous message.

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Jan 19, 2009
  9. Abaaseen

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Promotion of Additional Domain Controller to a Domain Controll

    RTFMS means:

    R for read
    T for the
    F for Freaking
    M for manual
    S for stupid, in this case, you.

    HTH

    On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 04:10:01 -0800, Abaaseen
    <> wrote:

    >ADC means: A for Additional
    >D for Domain,
    >and C for Controller,
    >Hope that you will understand it now that what does it mean.
    >and suppose that I am running Windows Server 2003 on both
    >i-e Domain Controller and Additional Domain Controller.
    >
    >"TBone" wrote:
    >
    >> And on the eigth day <> did cause the
    >> electrons to come together and form the following words:
    >>
    >> > If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain
    >> > Controller in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain
    >> > Controller to a Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
    >> > Please specify it in steps.

    >> You really haven't provided a lot of information. For example, what
    >> version of windows are you running? If its beyond NT, there is no BDC
    >> and PDC. Never mind what an ADC is, or is that ACDC? Yes... your domain
    >> could be on the Highway to Hell.
    >>
    >> This group is supposed to be for IT professionals studying to get their
    >> MCSE certification. So we don't hand hold here as much. Having said
    >> that, I think what you need to do is check google on how to transfer
    >> roles.
    >>
    >> -------
    >>
    >> T-Bone
    >> MCNGP XL

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 19, 2009
  10. Abaaseen

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Promotion of Additional Domain Controller to a Domain Controll

    >And on the eigth day <> did cause the
    >electrons to come together and form the following words:
    >
    >What I think you are not understanding is there is no such thing as an
    >
    >A for Additional
    >D for Domain,
    >C for Controller,
    >
    >In Windows Server 2003, all domain controllers (DC) are just that. There is
    >no "backup" DC or "additional" DC. What can differ between them is their
    >roles. If you want to protect yourself from one of the DCs failing, google
    >on transferring roles like I said to do in my previous message.
    >
    >-------
    >
    >T-Bone
    >MCNGP XL

    excuse me, but isn't google an advanced topic?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 19, 2009