    anyone know where to get a working driver for it? my hd connected to
    the promise card stopped responding very frequently. i have to restart
    everytime. im using winxp 64bit

    Booga, May 23, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa, May 23, 2005

  3. Booga

    Booga Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2005 12:58:51 -0700, "Andre Da Costa"
    <> wrote:

    >Try http://www.planetamd64.com
    >use http://bugmenot.com to bypass the registration
    >
    >Could you give us a little bit more on the configuration?

    asus a8v-deluxe wifi
    amd 3500+ 939
    1gig samsung ram
    1 250gig western digital hd <--on promise ultra133 tx2 : frequent
    crash-stop responding and have to restart
    1 180gig western digital hd <-on motherboard<-work fine
    1 160gig western digital hd <-on motherboard<-work fine
    1 120gig western digital hd <-on motherboard<-work fine

    Booga, May 24, 2005
  4. That mobo has 6 IDE and 4 SATA drives possible. I'd suggest you re-arrange
    things a bit and move the problem drive off of the standalone Promise
    controller, onto the mobo. Either you've got a bad drive, a cabling problem,
    or a controller/driver problem. Moving off the controller will at least
    confirm or absolve one of those, and you can troubleshoot the other
    possibilities.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 24, 2005