    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    G. Morgan Guest

    Subject: Promiscuous Mode
    Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    => Alasdair Baxter <= wrote:

    >I want to put my system into promiscuous mode. I am running Windows
    >2000 and my network card is a Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet
    >Adapter(LNE100TX v4) and I use a Terayon cable modem.
    >
    >Anyone willing to assist?

    Sure. You saying your PC is a whore?

    post the IP.. I'll rape it.

    --
    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email

    G. Morgan, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Alasdair Baxter wrote:

    > I want to put my system into promiscuous mode. I am running Windows
    > 2000 and my network card is a Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet
    > Adapter(LNE100TX v4) and I use a Terayon cable modem.

    What are you trying to accomplish? Other than wireless cards, I haven't
    heard of putting a NIC into promiscuous mode in a long time.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 17, 2005
  4. Howdy!

    "Alasdair Baxter" <> wrote in message
    > I want to put my system into promiscuous mode. I am running Windows
    > 2000 and my network card is a Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet
    > Adapter(LNE100TX v4) and I use a Terayon cable modem.
    >
    > Anyone willing to assist?

    Disable your firewall - disable your AV - fire up every service you
    have. And don't do any service packs.

    Hit a few porn sites also.

    That'll make your machine as promiscuous as any B)

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jan 17, 2005
  5. Alasdair Baxter

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:06:53 +0000, Alasdair Baxter wrote:

    >I want to put my system into promiscuous mode. I am running Windows

    Why?

    If it's to monitor the cable link, there is not usually much to look at
    except DHCP and all the public ARPing. I found it's easier to run my CM
    through a repeater before the router.

    >2000 and my network card is a Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet
    >Adapter(LNE100TX v4) and I use a Terayon cable modem.

    It's been a while since looking at this.

    Check the advanced properties for your network card driver.

    If it's not there, check the Linksys site for an alternative / beta /
    development driver that has promiscuous mode.

    Notmally it's a function of a packet sniffer like Ethereal/ Packet
    capture driver that issues the command, if the adapter supports it.
    To check if in promiscuous mode. From a cmd like run the utility
    http://ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/promiscdetect/

    The source code for WinPcap has the routing to set promiscuous mode.
    http://winpcap.polito.it/install/default.htm
    License
    http://winpcap.polito.it/misc/copyright.htm

    >Anyone willing to assist?

    www.google.com

    Me

    why?, Jan 17, 2005
  6. Alasdair Baxter

    David Qunt Guest

    G. Morgan <> squirted these wordjisms deep
    inside the bumtube of the newstwat in news:421abb9b.40513475
    @schoolofhardknocks.edu:

    > Subject: Promiscuous Mode
    > Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > => Alasdair Baxter <= wrote:
    >
    >>I want to put my system into promiscuous mode. I am running Windows
    >>2000 and my network card is a Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet
    >>Adapter(LNE100TX v4) and I use a Terayon cable modem.
    >>
    >>Anyone willing to assist?

    > Sure. You saying your PC is a whore?
    >
    > post the IP.. I'll rape it.

    You wouldn't have to rape it. Just offer to pay it, than murder it with a
    hammer afterwards.

    --

    David Qunt, Jan 17, 2005