Prometric to Vue migration delay?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?R3Vlbm5hZGkgVmFuaW5l?=, Aug 29, 2007.

  1. Two days ago I passed the exam with Prometric (for the first time) and my MCP
    Transcript is still not updated with the passed exam.

    Earlier I took MS exams with Pearson Vue and after each the on-line MCP
    Transcript was actualized in one, maximum two, day.

    In Testing Center I was told that my personal data was migrated from Vue to
    Prometric.

    ? How long does it take NOW for updates to appear in Transcript?

    My Exam Score Report contains
    - my name
    - date
    - exam number 070-290
    - result: Pass
    - Candidate ID
    - Site number
    - Registration
    - Score
    but does not contain my MCP ID

    ? So, the question is how to verify that my personal data registered for
    exam was correctly linked to my MCP ID?

    I had not recieved any Emails

    Guennadi Vanine
    My on-line MS certifications transcript:
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/validatemcp.aspx
    Transcript ID:
    722965
    Access Code
    12345678

    =?Utf-8?B?R3Vlbm5hZGkgVmFuaW5l?=, Aug 29, 2007

  2. Guennadi Vanine wrote:
    > Two days ago I passed the exam with Prometric (for the first time) and my MCP
    > Transcript is still not updated with the passed exam.
    >
    > Earlier I took MS exams with Pearson Vue and after each the on-line MCP
    > Transcript was actualized in one, maximum two, day.
    >
    > In Testing Center I was told that my personal data was migrated from Vue to
    > Prometric.
    >
    > ? How long does it take NOW for updates to appear in Transcript?
    >
    > My Exam Score Report contains
    > - my name
    > - date
    > - exam number 070-290
    > - result: Pass
    > - Candidate ID
    > - Site number
    > - Registration
    > - Score
    > but does not contain my MCP ID
    >
    > ? So, the question is how to verify that my personal data registered for
    > exam was correctly linked to my MCP ID?
    >
    > I had not recieved any Emails
    >
    > Guennadi Vanine
    > My on-line MS certifications transcript:
    > https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/validatemcp.aspx
    > Transcript ID:
    > 722965
    > Access Code
    > 12345678

    I've seen it take as long as 2 weeks, but that was extraordinary.

    Mostly Gizzards, Aug 29, 2007

  3. Thanks.
    Correction: It is migration from Мгу to Prometric and not vice versa as I
    wrote

    But how can I verify that my MCP ID is correctly linked to my exam (i.e.
    that personal data is correctly migrated from Мгу to Prometric)?

    =?Utf-8?B?R3Vlbm5hZGkgVmFuaW5l?=, Aug 29, 2007
  4. Guennadi Vanine wrote:
    > Thanks.
    > Correction: It is migration from Мгу to Prometric and not vice versa as I
    > wrote
    >
    > But how can I verify that my MCP ID is correctly linked to my exam (i.e.
    > that personal data is correctly migrated from Мгу to Prometric)?
    >
    >> I've seen it take as long as 2 weeks, but that was extraordinary.

    There will be no Vue -> Prometric "migration" of data. That is all
    separate. I'd contact Microsoft if the exam pass isn't applied to your
    transcript, but as long as you were registered with the email address
    that Microsoft has on file for you, it usually goes to the right place.

    MG

    Mostly Gizzards, Aug 30, 2007
  5. MG, thanks, again,
    Yeeeaah.
    But there is no Email in my Exam Score Report either.

    I had not registered for exam. It was done by Testing Center.

    I think I should contact my Testing Center first

    =?Utf-8?B?R3Vlbm5hZGkgVmFuaW5l?=, Aug 31, 2007
  6. Guennadi Vanine wrote:
    > MG, thanks, again,
    > Yeeeaah.
    > But there is no Email in my Exam Score Report either.
    >
    > I had not registered for exam. It was done by Testing Center.
    >
    > I think I should contact my Testing Center first
    >
    > "Mostly Gizzards" wrote:
    >> There will be no Vue -> Prometric "migration" of data. That is all
    >> separate. I'd contact Microsoft if the exam pass isn't applied to your
    >> transcript, but as long as you were registered with the email address
    >> that Microsoft has on file for you, it usually goes to the right place.
    >>
    >> MG

    I wish you the best of luck, I have had a couple of frustrating moments
    with this type of thing, but it all worked out after a lot of patience.

    MG

    Mostly Gizzards, Aug 31, 2007
  7. Generally it can take up to 7 days for exam results to process to a
    transcript (with the exception of beta testing which will take at least 6-8
    weeks for completion of the ebta period and to allow for analysis of testing
    pool results and resulting score adjustments).

    There are and have been cases where it has been known to take longer. If it
    has been more than 7 days, you can contact . They may
    advise you to wait a little longer.

    In any case, they can assist you with ensuring that your exam results are
    properly updated and reflect on your MCP information.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=, Sep 4, 2007
  8. Hi, Wayne Anderson,
    I have got the following answer from Prometric:
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""
    Please be informed that if you have previously tested with another provider
    (eg. Pearson VUE) and are now testing with Prometric, you will need to inform
    Microsoft directly, as it is them who import the details of your MCP ID into
    your file with us. As soon as you take your first/next exam with us,
    Microsoft will update your records in our system.

    If you are testing for the first time with Microsoft and Prometric together,
    then the information will be updated as soon your results are uploaded to the
    client.

    To contact Microsoft, please write them an email at:
    """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

    Геннадий Ванин----Guennadi Vanine --- Gennady V. Vanin

    =?Utf-8?B?R3Vlbm5hZGkgVmFuaW5l?=, Sep 7, 2007
  9. Earlier the transcript was simply not updated

    Now it shows gibberish for already long time
    Server Error in '/Authenticate' Application

    Runtime Error
    error settings for this application prevent the details of the application
    error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however,
    be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

    Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable
    on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config"
    configuration file located in the root directory of the current web
    application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute
    set to "Off".

    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom
    error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
    <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    =?Utf-8?B?R3Vlbm5hZGkgVmFuaW5l?=, Sep 7, 2007