Prometric Problems

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Barrie Ashmore, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Barrie Ashmore

l0ckm4

Trust me - none of you guys are unique.

I actually run a test centre (both vue and prometric). The number of times we have to call prometric is amazing. I am on the phone at least 3 times a week and sometimes on hold for up to one hour at a time before problems are resolved. And these are not the problems with freezing, crashing etc... We can normally sort out all of those ourselves.

VUE on the other hand i can count how many times i have to call support in the last three years on one hand!!!

Prometric have now ditched our 0800 support access number (i guess since the buyout from Thomson) and insist we call the netherlands for support.. We get around £5 for each exam sat at our centre. Multiply the cost of an international call (approx 30p per min) by the amount i am on hold before i even speak to someone and you can guess how many times i am going to be willing to pick up the phone and make that call.

They are also useless at paying centres - i went over 5 months without payment - guess you are understanding why centres dont provide top spec machines for these tests now? I spoke to another centre today and they are refusing to take new bookings for the time being because of the problems and i have been considering ditching prometric for some time now myself.

l0ckm4, Apr 18, 2008
    1. Advertising

2. Barrie Ashmore

tp2011

Looking over these posts, Prometric still sucks (2011) and I recently took the 070-291 exams where 5 computers froze and rebooted at the test center - an unnerving experience ! The test however was saved and I mmanged to pass - but the score report would not print out ! Prometeric supprot is non-existent ! someone needs to shut down Prometric for their lack of support to test takers - Prometric and Microsoft take the money and don't provide proper services !.

tp2011, Jul 26, 2011
    1. Advertising