    Prometric test program and the test centre is not taking any more bookings
    until the problem has been resolved. Has anybody else testing on Prometric
    had the same problem?
    Barrie Ashmore, Dec 19, 2007

  2. Barrie Ashmore wrote:
    > Hi I have just taken my first exam with Prometric after Pearson Vue was
    > dropped.
    > It was 70-294 which crashed twice and the computer needed to be restarted
    > thankfully I still passed. Apparently this is a regular occurrence on the
    > Prometric test program and the test centre is not taking any more bookings
    > until the problem has been resolved. Has anybody else testing on Prometric
    > had the same problem?

    Isn't the rebooting and crashing appropriate for a Microsoft exam?

    Zing!

    MG
    Mostly Gizzards, Dec 19, 2007

  3. Barrie Ashmore

    Chris Lobban Guest

    I've recently taken quite a few exams through Prometric (both Microsoft
    and CompTIA exams). And I've never had a system crash on me. At one
    location they had fairly old hardware and it ran really slow
    occasionally (such that I had to wait 2-3 minutes for some questions to
    load), but I just stopped using that location and found another one
    nearby with much newer equipment. Haven't had any problems since.

    Chris

    Chris Lobban, Dec 19, 2007
  4. Barrie Ashmore

    Rob L Guest

    "Barrie Ashmore" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I have just taken my first exam with Prometric after Pearson Vue was
    > dropped.
    > It was 70-294 which crashed twice and the computer needed to be restarted
    > thankfully I still passed. Apparently this is a regular occurrence on the
    > Prometric test program and the test centre is not taking any more bookings
    > until the problem has been resolved. Has anybody else testing on
    > Prometric
    > had the same problem?

    Yep. Big time, and I thought it was just me!

    I've tested with Prometric twice since the Vue / Prometric switchover. On
    both occasions, when the exams were loading after initial sign-on, the exam
    froze and had to be re-started, so I didn't get to see the intro screen that
    says (this is such and such exam, and you need to achieve such and such a
    score to pass). On the first exam I had 4 question freezes and 1 exam crash.
    On the second exam I had that many question freezes that I gave up counting
    and the exam crashed twice. Both exams were taken at different testing
    centres, and different exams were taken at each testing centre.

    Whilst at the second exam, I counted three other examinees, and they
    appeared to be having as many problems as I was. The invigilator(s) were up
    and down like yoyo's, and at one point everyone in the testing room was
    queuing for the invigilators assistance. Rather than getting angry, I just
    laughed to myself and waited my turn.

    What's concerning is the fact that people were voicing their concerns about
    Prometric before the swapover, and so far, fack all seems to have been done.
    All you get is, send us an email at '' and
    we'll look into it. Fat chance. When I take an exam, I want to concentrate
    on the material and content that I am being examined on, not worrying about
    whether or not the exam software will make it to the end. By comparison, my
    experience of testing with Vue was a lot more positive. No exam crashes, no
    question freezes, not a glitch.

    Apologies for the long post, but I feel that others who have not yet tested
    with Prometric have a right to know what they may be letting themselves in
    for.

    Regards

    Rob...
    Rob L, Dec 20, 2007
  5. Rob L wrote:
    > "Barrie Ashmore" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi I have just taken my first exam with Prometric after Pearson Vue was
    >> dropped.
    >> It was 70-294 which crashed twice and the computer needed to be restarted
    >> thankfully I still passed. Apparently this is a regular occurrence on the
    >> Prometric test program and the test centre is not taking any more bookings
    >> until the problem has been resolved. Has anybody else testing on
    >> Prometric
    >> had the same problem?

    > Yep. Big time, and I thought it was just me!
    >
    > I've tested with Prometric twice since the Vue / Prometric switchover. On
    > both occasions, when the exams were loading after initial sign-on, the exam
    > froze and had to be re-started, so I didn't get to see the intro screen that
    > says (this is such and such exam, and you need to achieve such and such a
    > score to pass). On the first exam I had 4 question freezes and 1 exam crash.
    > On the second exam I had that many question freezes that I gave up counting
    > and the exam crashed twice. Both exams were taken at different testing
    > centres, and different exams were taken at each testing centre.
    >
    > Whilst at the second exam, I counted three other examinees, and they
    > appeared to be having as many problems as I was. The invigilator(s) were up
    > and down like yoyo's, and at one point everyone in the testing room was
    > queuing for the invigilators assistance. Rather than getting angry, I just
    > laughed to myself and waited my turn.
    >
    > What's concerning is the fact that people were voicing their concerns about
    > Prometric before the swapover, and so far, fack all seems to have been done.
    > All you get is, send us an email at '' and
    > we'll look into it. Fat chance. When I take an exam, I want to concentrate
    > on the material and content that I am being examined on, not worrying about
    > whether or not the exam software will make it to the end. By comparison, my
    > experience of testing with Vue was a lot more positive. No exam crashes, no
    > question freezes, not a glitch.
    >
    > Apologies for the long post, but I feel that others who have not yet tested
    > with Prometric have a right to know what they may be letting themselves in
    > for.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Rob...

    Long but good. I only took one test at a Prometric site while working
    on my MCSE, and I think it was the 3rd machine that was finally the
    charm. The problems ranged from crashing before I even got the first
    question up on screen to my exam not even being recognized by the program.

    A few weeks prior, one of my fellow consultants had taken the CCNA exam,
    and the experience was so bad they had to reschedule him. Apparently,
    they couldn't get the machine to work well enough to even finish so they
    rescheduled him a week later to take it.

    VUE was my provider of choice on all other MS exams, and I never had a
    problem. That being said, I sat for a Citrix exam (CCA Presentation
    Server 4) and it ran just fine using Prometric. I would have chosen
    VUE, but they couldn't meet my scheduling needs.

    MG
    Mostly Gizzards, Dec 20, 2007
  6. "Mostly Gizzards" wrote:

> [...]

    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Rob...
    > >

    > Long but good. I only took one test at a Prometric site while working
    > on my MCSE, and I think it was the 3rd machine that was finally the
    > charm. The problems ranged from crashing before I even got the first
    > question up on screen to my exam not even being recognized by the program.
    >
    > A few weeks prior, one of my fellow consultants had taken the CCNA exam,
    > and the experience was so bad they had to reschedule him. Apparently,
    > they couldn't get the machine to work well enough to even finish so they
    > rescheduled him a week later to take it.
    >
    > VUE was my provider of choice on all other MS exams, and I never had a
    > problem. That being said, I sat for a Citrix exam (CCA Presentation
    > Server 4) and it ran just fine using Prometric. I would have chosen
    > VUE, but they couldn't meet my scheduling needs.

    I have got another 2 exams to do before I gain my MCSE but wanted to voice
    my concerns. Surely this should have been ironed out before Microsoft decided
    to dump Pearson Vue.
    Barrie Ashmore, Dec 21, 2007
  7. "Rob L" <> wrote in message

    > "Barrie Ashmore" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> Hi I have just taken my first exam with Prometric after Pearson Vue was
    >> dropped.
    >> It was 70-294 which crashed twice and the computer needed to be restarted
    >> thankfully I still passed. Apparently this is a regular occurrence on
    >> the
    >> Prometric test program and the test centre is not taking any more
    >> bookings
    >> until the problem has been resolved. Has anybody else testing on
    >> Prometric
    >> had the same problem?

    > Yep. Big time, and I thought it was just me!
    >
    > I've tested with Prometric twice since the Vue / Prometric switchover. On
    > both occasions, when the exams were loading after initial sign-on, the
    > exam froze and had to be re-started, so I didn't get to see the intro
    > screen that says (this is such and such exam, and you need to achieve such
    > and such a score to pass). On the first exam I had 4 question freezes and
    > 1 exam crash. On the second exam I had that many question freezes that I
    > gave up counting and the exam crashed twice. Both exams were taken at
    > different testing centres, and different exams were taken at each testing
    > centre.
    >
    > Whilst at the second exam, I counted three other examinees, and they
    > appeared to be having as many problems as I was. The invigilator(s) were
    > up and down like yoyo's, and at one point everyone in the testing room was
    > queuing for the invigilators assistance. Rather than getting angry, I just
    > laughed to myself and waited my turn.

    I encountered this only once in the four exams I've sat since 12/1 -- the
    70.293 on 12/8/07. The three Win2008 beta exams flew through. My testing
    center didn't see it as a Prometric problem (or at least they had the
    integrity not to try to pass the buck, even though I suspected it was a
    Prometric problem -- which ya'll have just confirmed). The proctor on duty
    Saturday said they'd had a tech working every one of their (eight) testing
    seats extensively and all was repaired.

    I'm of the opinion this is the natural outgrowth of Microsoft's decision to
    dump all of those PearsonVue customers in Prometric's lap, with very little
    notice, and Prometic just doesn't have the infrastructure to handle the
    (new) testing load. Hopefully that will rapidly change given the windfall
    increase in revenues Prometric is seeing as a result of the banishment of
    PearsonVue.

    The launching of the Win2008 beta exams around that timeframe (Dec 1?)
    probably didn't help matters either.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP
    MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2007)

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin, Dec 24, 2007
  8. Yes, I am in the process of writing both Pro and Microsoft a letter
    regarding this. EVERY time I go to the testing center I have to wait an hour
    to use the computer and another hour to print score.

    Michael Gossett, Dec 26, 2007
  9. Barrie,

    Here in flanders ( for now Belgium ) i took my first exam in a prometric
    centre. Before i had a vue examen centre. In the vue examen centre i never
    had problems. No appointment problem, good screen, nice girl for
    adminstration :).

    Then i took my first prometric exam, i made more than 5 calls, some mails to
    make just my appointment. On the examcentre the only exam computer was placed
    in the " serververroom", very hot en noisy. Then the exam it self. The
    screen's refresh rate ( on a crt screen ) was about 60 hz or less. I looked
    at that screen for about 3 hours. My eyes where red, i was cooked, and a
    little bit deaf afther the exam. Sometimes it took a long time to load the
    next examquestion ( 30 sec or more ).

    Alex Baekelandt, Dec 28, 2007
  10. Barrie Ashmore

    catwalker63 Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFycmllIEFzaG1vcmU=?=
    <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > I have got another 2 exams to do before I gain my MCSE but wanted to
    > voice my concerns. Surely this should have been ironed out before
    > Microsoft decided to dump Pearson Vue.

    <snicker>

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Dec 29, 2007
  11. Barrie Ashmore

    JaR Guest

    On 12/28/2007, catwalker63 had the unmitigated gall to claim:

    > =?Utf-8?B?QmFycmllIEFzaG1vcmU=?=
    > <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >

    > > I have got another 2 exams to do before I gain my MCSE but wanted to
    > > voice my concerns. Surely this should have been ironed out before
    > > Microsoft decided to dump Pearson Vue.
    > >

    > <snicker>

    <HEARTY GUFFAW>

    --
    JaR
    Just like they ironed the bugs out of Vista
    JaR, Dec 31, 2007
  12. Barrie Ashmore

    CBIC Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message

    >> <snicker>

    > <HEARTY GUFFAW>
    >
    > Just like they ironed the bugs out of Vista

    <Hysterical laughter>

    Just like HyperV is an enterprise solution
    CBIC, Dec 31, 2007
  13. Barrie Ashmore

    Doug Guest

    "Barrie Ashmore" wrote:

    > Hi I have just taken my first exam with Prometric after Pearson Vue was
    > dropped.
    > It was 70-294 which crashed twice and the computer needed to be restarted
    > thankfully I still passed. Apparently this is a regular occurrence on the
    > Prometric test program and the test centre is not taking any more bookings
    > until the problem has been resolved. Has anybody else testing on Prometric
    > had the same problem?

    Hi all,

    Had the same problem with the 70-294 exam as well. Registered a complaint
    but nothing was achieved. Seemed all rashes were during simulation exams. I
    was also unable to complete those questions resulting in a possible
    failure(got 658). Passed it 3 months later!!
    Doug, Jan 14, 2008
  14. Barrie Ashmore

    Cuchica21 Guest

    I actaully had the same problem on my exam. The pc crashed twice and I could
    not even go back to check my prior questions without fear of it crashing
    again.

    Glad to hear I was not the only one.

    --
    “Whether you think that you can, or that you can''t, you are usually right.â€
    Henry Ford

    Cuchica21, Mar 9, 2008
  15. dear sir,

    please do inform me about my 70-270 exam result ,for i never had a result
    report since i had finished my exam at march,31,2008.
    PLEASE DO HELP ME GETTING MY RESULT.
    I excpect your support and help which i didn`t reach untill now.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND PLEASE REPLAY ME SOON.
    YOURS
    Anas Elhoseny
    Anas Elhoseny, Apr 5, 2008
  16. Barrie Ashmore

    Mo Oning Guest

    On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 03:43:00 -0700, Anas Elhoseny <Anas
    > wrote:

    >dear sir,
    >
    >please do inform me about my 70-270 exam result ,for i never had a result
    >report since i had finished my exam at march,31,2008.
    >PLEASE DO HELP ME GETTING MY RESULT.
    >I excpect your support and help which i didn`t reach untill now.
    >THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND PLEASE REPLAY ME SOON.
    >YOURS
    >Anas Elhoseny

    Dear Anas

    Maybe your result has disappeared in a hole.
    You could say it was flushed away.
    There was question of taking a dump was there?
    Pull your finger out, but I doubt it will come out smelling of roses.

    Yours
    Mo Oning
    Mo Oning, Apr 5, 2008
  17. "Anas Elhoseny" <Anas > wrote in
    message news::

    > dear sir,
    >
    > please do inform me about my 70-270 exam result ,for i never had a result
    > report since i had finished my exam at march,31,2008.
    > PLEASE DO HELP ME GETTING MY RESULT.
    > I excpect your support and help which i didn`t reach untill now.
    > THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND PLEASE REPLAY ME SOON.
    > YOURS
    > Anas Elhoseny

    Dude you get your score right after you finish your exam... What are you
    talking about???

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Apr 5, 2008
  18. Barrie Ashmore

    anas Guest

    i dont receive my exam result report

    1-Candidate Testing ID sr3318142..2-Current address egypt.elsharkya.fakous
    ...3-Current email address
    ...4-Exam registration number q08l0n506b...5-Exam code 70-270..6-Testing
    Centre code eg47
    and to remember me this is my problem and my ticket number i dont receive my
    exam result report and i have ticket number 3486226
    anas, Apr 6, 2008
  19. Re: i dont receive my exam result report

    You can email

    --

    Dustin Harper

    Dustin Harper, Apr 6, 2008
  20. Barrie Ashmore

    JimDoire

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Location:
    Dallas, TX
    I consider it part of Prometric's charm.

    > > Hi I have just taken my first exam with Prometric after Pearson Vue was
    > > dropped.
    > > It was 70-294 which crashed twice and the computer needed to be restarted

    This has happened to me everytime I test except for once. And the one time it didn't happen was the one time I failed. Honest, when the set locks up now I get a good feeling about the test. I don't Prometric is so much to blame as it is the testing center.

    JD
    JimDoire, Apr 6, 2008