    in 1 or 2 weeks.

    Thanks,
    Ramon
    Ramon, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Ramon

    Bill Kirkman Guest

    I'm in a Chicago suburb (West - Aurora) and I went to a
    Pearson/VUE test center. The center was easy to find,
    well maintained, and the person there was very helpful. I
    think either testing center would be just fine for your
    test. Personally, I'd choose the one closest or easiest
    to get to myself.
    The MCP member site usually is a day or so delay from the
    Vue site when I've taken my exams but that is
    understandable.
    Good luck with your exams.
    Bill K

    Bill Kirkman, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Ramon

    Moe Guest

    Yeah, I would agree that it doesn't seem to make that
    much difference whether you test with Prometric or VUE.
    In fact soime sites can administer tests from either
    company. As far as checking transcripts...I always check
    on the MCP site. If it ain't on MCP, it ain't diddley.
    Also, it's true that you can switch between testing
    companies but be careful about that.

    When you sign up with either VUE or Prometric, they
    assign you an MCP number. If you test with another
    company later on, that second company will assign you
    their own MCP number. (I think they do that so thay can
    make you feel locked in to them.) So, the test scores
    don't all end up on the same MCP transcript.

    When I called VUE to get this straightened out, the guy
    says that I had to tell the testing center which MCP
    number to use. But the testing center says you have to
    have VUE straighten it out. Turns out the guy at the
    testing center is right...I had to call them back at VUE
    and scream and whine until they finally merged my VUE MCP
    account with my Prometric account. Quite a little
    hassle...all in the name of VUE trying to control your
    life.

    I guess they call that free enterprise.

    Moe, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Ramon