    directly into the computer. I am positive that I have never R&R'd the card
    while the camera was on, or the reader was being accessed.

    Brian

    bulletsnbrains, Dec 22, 2003

  2. bulletsnbrains

    Ron Hunter Guest

    bulletsnbrains wrote:
    > Back in September when I bought my Canon G3. I also bought a "Promaster" CF
    > card in 128MB size. Much to my dismay, and my stupidity, I did not check the
    > CF card before my Sis-in-laws wedding day. As you would have guessed. It
    > was DOA. This left me short with only the stock 32MB CF card. The next day
    > I took the card back to the camera shop and they promptly replaced(lifetime
    > warranty) it with the identical card. Now this week, the 3 month old CF
    > card died. I took it back to the camera shop, they tried to recover the card
    > with no luck. They promptly gave me another new card. The clerk says that
    > they had problems with Nikon's and Promaster cards but not Canon's. Anyone
    > have same problem? Canon or Nikon?
    >
    > As a point, I use a Promaster CF card reader(USB) vs. plugging the camera
    > directly into the computer. I am positive that I have never R&R'd the card
    > while the camera was on, or the reader was being accessed.
    >
    > Brian

    Other than damage (physical) to the card, the next most likely cause of
    failure would be static discharge. Those living in low humidity areas
    should take precautions against static damage when handling the cards.
    Fortunately this isn't needed where I live....

    Ron Hunter, Dec 22, 2003

  3. "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message

    > Other than damage (physical) to the card, the next most likely cause of
    > failure would be static discharge. Those living in low humidity areas
    > should take precautions against static damage when handling the cards.
    > Fortunately this isn't needed where I live....

    Hi Ron,

    I thought of that too... I get a lot of static shocks getting out of my Jeep
    Cherokee. But I don't think that I have ever had the G3 or CF card in hand
    at those times. I usually have the G3 in the camera bag. I'll watch myself
    more closely to ensure I don't create that situation.. Any suggestions on
    reducing shocks from my vehicle?

    Brian

    bulletsnbrains, Dec 22, 2003