    You guys have too many of my case mods as stickys in this forum. I'm going to develop a complex or something.

    Anyway, my 2006 holiday project called Scan-a-Tron has now been published on-line at PC Magazine in their ExtremeTech Case Mod section. Check out the story here: www.extremetech.com/category2/0,1695,1638729,00.asp

    :beer: [​IMG]:beer:
    bigal, Feb 27, 2007

  2. bigal

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,085
    Well done BigAl! :D
    Ian, Feb 28, 2007

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Thanks Ian. It was a labor of love. Kind of like getting married.....
    bigal, Mar 1, 2007
  4. bigal

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    I've never seen this done before, and it seems like such an obvious idea now. :p Great work like usual Al.
    Silverstrand, Mar 1, 2007
  5. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Thanks Silverstrand. I did a Spy Sweeper update a week ago, and that killed the OS - now it won't boot. Looks like I'll have to do a complete re-install. I've had Spy Sweeper do this once before - it ruins some Windows XP system file. Has anyone else experienced that?
    bigal, Mar 30, 2007
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Scan-a-Tron is back up and humming along nicely. It's nice to see Einstein's glowing face on my workbench again!
    bigal, Apr 3, 2007
  7. bigal

    elktron

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2011
    Messages:
    5
    Very gooooooooood
    elktron, Feb 17, 2011
  8. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Thanks Elktron. The machine is still running on my work bench and provides Internet access to forums like this one.
    bigal, Sep 5, 2011
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Scan-a-Tron is now Scan-a-Tron-2

    Hey guys, I upgraded Scan-a-Tron earlier this year with another laptop body, this time an e-Machines 6502 (AMD Athlon 64 processor, single core). You can see more pictures at Big Al's Computers - still going after all these years! Check out my recent builds, including an AMD FX-8150 (8-core CPU). :listen:

    http://www.bigal-computers.net/bigal/Scan-a-Tron-Rebuild_05Sept2011_ (18)b.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    bigal, Dec 27, 2011