    Check out the demo above.

    Low bandwidth plays best. With RealOne v10 (on Linux or whatever) it still
    looks really good even blown up on a 1280x1024 desktop.

    steve, Jan 24, 2004

  2. steve

    Dogg Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:08:52 +1300, steve <>
    wrote:

    >http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html
    >
    >Sun's java-based desktop (for Linux - or whatever).
    >
    >This looks *really* cool. Seriously, seriously cool. :)
    >
    >Check out the demo above.
    >
    >Low bandwidth plays best. With RealOne v10 (on Linux or whatever) it still
    >looks really good even blown up on a 1280x1024 desktop.

    Real Player? Rude

    Dogg, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Dogg wrote:
    > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:08:52 +1300, steve <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html
    >>
    >> Sun's java-based desktop (for Linux - or whatever).
    >>
    >> This looks *really* cool. Seriously, seriously cool. :)
    >>
    >> Check out the demo above.
    >>
    >> Low bandwidth plays best. With RealOne v10 (on Linux or whatever) it
    >> still looks really good even blown up on a 1280x1024 desktop.

    > Real Player? Rude

    grab "real-alternative" from kazaa-lite's site.
    seems to be an old version of media player that plays all the real media
    streams

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Jan 26, 2004
  4. steve

    Zaphod Guest

    This is truely cool.
    I cant wait to use it.
    Im always wanting to read something on one window but it is behind
    the one im typing on. Can wait till I can have the one I want to
    read visible but angled into the screen - I'd still be able to read it
    but also able to type in the open window.
    Bet MS releases a version of this pretty soon too.

    Zaphod, Jan 26, 2004
  5. steve

    steve Guest

    Dogg wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:08:52 +1300, steve <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html
    >>
    >>Sun's java-based desktop (for Linux - or whatever).
    >>
    >>This looks *really* cool. Seriously, seriously cool. :)
    >>
    >>Check out the demo above.
    >>
    >>Low bandwidth plays best. With RealOne v10 (on Linux or whatever) it still
    >>looks really good even blown up on a 1280x1024 desktop.

    > Real Player? Rude

    Real get my vote because they do a player for all platforms. The others -
    proprietary MS and Apple - only support their pet platforms. 'Real' is best
    when the proprietary boys are playing games and getting in the way.

    Having said that, I *do* use WMP 6.4 for Windows (on Linux) and I also use
    Quicktime 6.3 for Windows (on Linux).

    But the latest Real Player "RealOne v10" is pretty good.....certainly on
    linux.

    steve, Jan 26, 2004