Project ECW

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by The Modfather, Mar 19, 2006.

  1. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    [​IMG]

    Ok, here's the plan and what's underway.

    The plan: Hopefully using an Antec P180 for the groundwork, to create an ECW themed casemod using the parts from the Chopper PC, enabling me to move the damned computer down here and actually use it.

    On order: ECW Logo pendant (to be used for the case badge)
    Prepped: ECW World Heavyweight Championship Title medallions for mounting on the side and front of the case.
    Needed: A small scale table that can be busted to sit on top of the case with a blowhole beneath it and lighting coming from underneath. May incorporate artificial flames to make it a flaming table. :)
    To do: Cut left panel for window, not sure what shape to use though.
    To do: outsource the laser etching (Al, give me the exact details to contact those folks okay?)
    To do: Decide on case lighting effect. Thinking red/blue. Not sure.
    To do: I want ground effects on this, so it'll have lit feet of some sort or at least under lighting. What color? Not sure. Red?
    To do: How to jazz up the door. I have 4 gold badges I can incorporate.

    Here's a pic of a mini replica of the belt, I've removed the medallions, this is a half decent representation I suppose.

    [​IMG]

    I decided I am not going to use my belt (Television title), I can't see putting 14k gold medallions on this case and my belt is MY BELT so, screw that. I'll use the replica.

    How to incorporate the side medallions in the front? Hmm...

    Can I get some electronics help guys? If I need some LED's, I'm rotten at making the damned things, can any of you guys create me some LED's with molex connectors that would work for this mod? I want to have some light behind the main medallion, because it's not flat, it'll mount extended from the case, I thought having light behind it might look good.

    Render to come.

    Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
    The Modfather, Mar 19, 2006

  2. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    red and white seems like the best colour choice. Just dont use blue, blue is too calm for wrestling.

    With the LED's if you dont want to make them yourself if we give you digrams, your going to want to speak with Al.

    Its Basicly some resistors and a old molex Fan connector :)

    12volt -> 2v (depends on the LED)

    unholy, Mar 19, 2006

  3. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Tommy is the guy doing the windows at Hyperkore. His e-mail is: tvolpe@hyperkore.com . Tell him Big Al sent you. Send him a few pictures of your ideas, and I'm sure he can help you.

    Regarding the LEDs, I would look into those tubes of LEDs. I bet you can pull the string out and use them as a pre-wired set. Check this link out:

    http://www.svc.com/12meliledtuc.html

    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

    bigal, Mar 19, 2006
  4. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Ah, prewired tubes, I didn't think of that. Like the meteor lights. Hmm, wonder if I could get one that shifts from red to white?

    I agree, red/white would be the best color combo, though white would be difficult to get and red tends to look pink too often. Hmmm. Just have to do some hunting.

    Hey Al... If these places don't take paypal, what the heck can I do? I don't have working plastic money. :) You gonna buy 'em for me and I can pay you? :)

    The Modfather, Mar 20, 2006
  5. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You want me to buy them, have them shipped to you, and you'll send me a check?

    bigal, Mar 20, 2006
  6. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Cheque :p

    I dont really like those pre wired tubes, you dont get the flexiblity of wires and 5mm LED's, but if it best suits you then it would be the best way. Its just White Led's are easy to get and red even easier :p

    unholy, Mar 20, 2006
  7. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Maybe they are, but he already said that he's not such a wiring wizz dude when it comes to making groovy LED light strips.

    XhArD, Mar 21, 2006
  8. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yep, it's true, I can't wire LED's. I've tried several times, it never freakin' works. If I can't find a source that takes PayPal and you'd be willing to do that Al, I'd sure appreciate it.

    But, lemmy see if I can get that case first. No word from Antec yet, might have to foot the bill myself from my Bawls check when it gets here.

    The Modfather, Mar 21, 2006
  9. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Modfather give Antec 1 week, they have to go through all their emails whilest being at CeBit :p

    unholy, Mar 22, 2006
  10. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hey Modfather, how do you make a gif? I sure would like to make one and use it for an avatar.

    bigal, Mar 23, 2006
  11. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    U can make them with Macromedia Flash, Animation Shop, and theres a few gif animation only programs u can use, search in google, most of them aren't free though :(.

    unholy, Mar 24, 2006
  12. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Al, I use Microsoft Gif Animator because it's free, there are others that are nicer but they aren't free.

    What I do is make each section of the animation in Photoshop, save it in a sequential file structure in a directory named for the final project (i.e. I save them as 1.gif, 2.gif, 3.gif, 4.gif, etc in a directory like c:\animatedgif). Then you load each seperate pic into the animator, set the delay rate on each image, view it to see if the speed is right and then save it as one animated gif.

    Okay, guys, I need help tracking something down, I'm trying to find some cable wrap like this...

    [​IMG]

    Antec makes it too, but none of these are the color I want. I want it in either chrome or red NOT UV red, just plain red. I might have to settle for the UV red if nothing else pops up. I'm not looking for split loom, mesh or heat wrap, just the stuff that comes on a spool and is like plastic spaghetti. It's what we used on the Necro, but that was Antec green UV. For the ECW project I'm not going to be using any UV, just red and probably yellow lighting. Maybe white, dunno.

    The other thing I need and have NO Clue where to get are single LEDs that could be mounted behind the small medallions on the door of the case. Since the medallions are concave there'd be an empty space behind them and rather than try to fill that in with something I thought putting a light behind them might look cool, having the light glowing up and down behind the medallions. I can probably use a small 4" CCFL for behind the larger medallion but don't know what to do for the smaller ones.

    Ideas? HELP!

    Mike

    Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
    The Modfather, Mar 24, 2006
  13. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
    bigal, Mar 24, 2006
  14. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    buy it buy the meter modfather, i forget who sells it, it might be svc, but i remember Oxide or something :p

    unholy, Mar 25, 2006
  15. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Nope, nothing at svc, just the standard fare.

    What meter Unholy? I'm confused.

    The Modfather, Mar 26, 2006
  16. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yo! Unholy, why didn't you answer me here? What meter?

    Also, can you guys come up with any other ideas? Think hardcore wrestling, what else can I do to this mod?

    The Modfather, Mar 29, 2006
  17. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Oh, still looking for ideas? How about two arms with hands on them, coming out of the case? They would be muscular of course, with some tattoos on them. One tattoo would have to say "Mom".

    bigal, Mar 29, 2006
  18. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Uh, no, you know I'm not into that goofy stuff. Not into putting PC's into mannequins or other stuff that looks like something else. :)

    I like a computer to still look like a computer but cooler.

    The Modfather, Mar 30, 2006
  19. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    sorry the new posts thing is buggy atm, so i hardly see what threads i have posted on.

    I meant buy it by the meter :) or the ft or whatever u use, u imperial's!!!

    unholy, Mar 30, 2006
  20. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I don't know where to get it, period, let alone to get it by the foot/meter or whatever. I might hunt down something that'd work but isn't exactly made for the job, who knows, might work. Or I could always wrap the wires in barbed wire. :)

    Anybody wanna by a HTPC?

    [​IMG]

    The Modfather, Mar 30, 2006