    you can never get connected to news or email servers either. However
    when I disable both everything works.

    John
    John, Jan 24, 2004

  2. John

    Night_Seer Guest

    John wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but if you have
    > RealPlayer installed, two things might run in the background that are
    > associated somehow with this program. They're called Realevent and
    > Realsched?
    >
    > When these are running whenever I connect to the internet I usually
    > always get pages coming up saying the "Server can not be found" and
    > you can never get connected to news or email servers either. However
    > when I disable both everything works.
    >
    > John

    Either uninstall Real Player if you don't use it, or else if you do,
    turn off those particular startup programs so they never come up. I
    think all they are are an update program for Real player, which you can
    do manually anyways. If you don't like real player, search for "real
    player alternative". It requires Real player be installed, but you can
    stop using it after that.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Jan 26, 2004