    the market for a new TV right now, what other options could I use to
    get a DVD player to work with this TV?

    Thanks
    lb, Nov 22, 2005

  2. On 22 Nov 2005 10:28:41 -0800, "lb" <> Gave us:

    >I have a somewhat older TV. Sony Trinitron KV-S3240. It is less than
    >7 years old. It has a nice picture, but the amount of inputs leaves a
    >lot to be desired. Only has composite and coaxial (75 ohm) in. I
    >wanted to buy a DVD player to hook up to my receiver Yamaha HTR-5630
    >and then go into the TV. Sony does not think my TV will be able to
    >handle a progressive scan DVD player. The models I was considering
    >were the JVC XVN320B or XVN420B and the Panasonic S29K. I am not in
    >the market for a new TV right now, what other options could I use to
    >get a DVD player to work with this TV?
    >
    >Thanks

    Get a DVD player that not only has PS out, but other output formats
    as well.

    Get a DVD player that HAS the outputs you need, regardless of your
    desire.

    Sony makes a line of such players. There are a couple of 5 disc
    changers that have PS out, and it is switchable, right on the back
    panel.

    No, a PS only out DVD player will NOT pump your monitor.
    NunYa Bidness, Nov 22, 2005

  3. > Only has composite and coaxial (75 ohm) in.
    > Sony does not think my TV will be able to
    > handle a progressive scan DVD player

    You'll be able to play basic picture on the
    composite cable which will look better than
    any tv signal, cable or video tape but progressive
    scan only works over component video or better.

    drc :)
    Darrel Christenson, Nov 22, 2005
  4. lb

    Biz Guest

    Use the compositeoutput on the dvd player. Composite doest support
    progressive scan, so you'll be fine. Progressive scan players also work in
    non-progressive mode(interlaced).

    Biz, Nov 22, 2005